Sharing is Caring

Two weeks had past since Ash had finally told me everything and two weeks since Ash and I had kissed. Marissa was still very much there all the time but the hatred I held towards Ash for so long had lessened. I was finally free from constantly wondering whether it was my gross eating habits that scared Ash away.

The feelings of lust were still very much there but I knew that in time those feelings would pass. Plus things with Mason had been going great. He buys me chicken, what more could you want in a guy.

I was currently on a date with Mason at my favorite chicken shop called chickalicious. I was a cheap date, I'd take a bucket of chicken over a fancy lobster any day.

As I devoured my fifth chicken leg, I noticed Mason's far away look. He had been off all day but he hadn't explained why. "Earth to Mason," I said, waving a hand in front of his face. "What's up? You've been acting funny all day."

He let out a frustrated sigh and looked at me. "By tomorrow, I'm going to be officially homeless again."

Mason had finally filled me in on his situation and why he felt the need to steal. His mother had died when he was young, and his dad had dipped long before he was born. Since then he had lived with his older brother Harry, who wasn't the best role model to grow up with. He was in and out of jail, which meant Mason was in and out of foster care, all his life.

Last year Harry had finally gotten out of prison and Mason was allowed to go and live with him. However that didn't last long as Harry immediately got involved with dealing and got sent straight back to prison. Since then Mason had been homeless and living on his mate Ben's couch.

"Is Ben kicking you out?" I asked with a frown.

He nodded sadly. "His rents made him, which is fair, I wouldn't want a random guy living on my couch either."

"So what's the plan now? You could always sleep under my floorboards, I'm sure no one would notice," I joked.

He smiled slightly. "Hmm I like that idea, it would give me a nice view of up your skirt."

I smacked him hard. "Ew you perv!"

He laughed and grabbed my face, kissing me. "I'm only kidding, I would never do that; I am a true gentleman."

He was indeed a gentleman. Since we started going out, he hadn't tried to take things to the next level. I hadn't even gotten some thigh action. I'm all for respectful guys but I was getting just a little bit sexually frustrated. I mean I'm a woman... I have needs.

"So on a serious note, where are you going to live?" I asked, breaking away from his embrace.

"Well fortunately for me, I have a friend who's parents are currently on a 2 month long cruise so I can just crash there."

"That's perfect!" I exclaimed. I was confused by the sad look he was giving me. "What's the catch?"

"Andy lives in Bristol."

I should have been devastated. Instead I was slightly relieved. This thing with Mason was beginning to turn into something and I had been feeling extremely guilty about the thoughts I had been having about Ash. If Mason was moving away, he was probably going to suggest we break up and we could simply remain friends.

"Bristol huh, that is quite far."

He gave me a sad look. "I know, and I only just got you. I don't want to let you go." He cupped my cheek at stared at me for a few seconds. "I think I'm falling for you."

I could feel my face turn red with embarrassment. I wasn't used to guys declaring their feelings for me. This was all a bit too intense. We'd only been going out for two weeks. What was so special about me?

I stared back at him awkwardly for a few seconds. I racked my brain trying to think of a way to respond. "Thank you..."

Out of everything I could have said... I said thank you. What is wrong with me?

He didn't seem to notice my awkwardness as he simply smiled and kissed me. "I think we can make long distance work. It's only a two hour train from London."

He wanted a long distance relationship? Is two weeks really enough time to commit to that? "Mason, I'm not sure... long distance relationships are a lot of work."

His look of disappointment made me feel so guilty. "Well I don't leave for another two weeks so promise me you'll think about it?"

I smiled and stroked his cheek. "Course I will."

A lot could happen in two weeks.

***

As soon as I entered the house I could sense that something was very wrong.

There was a strange scent in the air.

I slowly walked towards the kitchen where the familiar smell seemed to be coming from. The air smelled suspiciously like.... "THAT'S MY PEANUT BUTTER YOU THIEF."

That thieving conniving beast would never learn.

Ash gave me a smug smile, not phased by my sudden outburst. "Oops, must have forgotten how incredibly stingy you are."

I scoffed. "I'm not stingy. We all have something that's precious to them; peanut butter is mine."

He laughed and licked his spoon. "Sharing is caring."

"That's what all the thieves say." I glared at him and put out my hand. "Now hand it over before I beat you to death with that spoon you're holding."

He stood up so he towered over me and held the spoon up as high as his arm reached. "Can you even reach the spoon sweet pea?"

"I'm not a pea." I do not appreciate being likened to a vegetable.

I jumped up on to him in a pathetic attempt to grab the spoon. It's not easy being small. Being 5ft1 was borderline midget height. There were some perks to being this tiny. I could fit in pretty much anything, a washing machine, a cupboard, and a plant pot. Who was I kidding... being short sucked.

He laughed as I tried to use his shoulders to gain more height. I was so concentrated on the spoon I did not realize how close I was to him. It only hit me when I jumped up and he grabbed me mid air. Our faces were inches apart. I looked down at his lips, noticing a small bit of peanut butter on the corner of his mouth. I had the strongest urge to lick it off.

I could feel his strong gaze on me. Instead of directly licking the peanut butter of his mouth, I used my finger to slowly get the spec of peanut butter and licked it off of my finger. "Yummy," I whispered with a small smile.

His eyes kept flickering from my lips to my eyes. The urge to kiss him was so unbearable. We both knew how inappropriate we were being but neither of seemed capable of stepping away.

Our lips brushed against each other. I couldn't stop myself.

BEEEEEP BEEEEEP

I was suddenly released from Ash's embrace and we both awkwardly took a step back from each other. I fished for my phone and read caller ID.

It was Mason.

I was officially the worst person ever.

A/N: please don't kill me guys. I know its practically been a year and I don't have an excuse for updating at least once. Its my second year at uni, and never really have any time to myself so I'm so sorry for keeping you guys waiting. However it is now summer and I have a bit of extra time so I am determined to get this story finished!

There probably won't be an update until after next week cause I'm going Glastonbury woooooo! (for those of you not in the UK, it's a fat festival) but after that I'm going to try my hardest to update as often as possible!

Luv u guys so much! You're reason I haven't given up on this story, cause I always do the classic start something and give up on it

COMMENT VOTE TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS PEOPLE