Chapter 14 - Ready, Steady... Go?

A/N: Hey Guys,

Sorry for making y'all wait so long =( . This isn't the FULL chapter but I feel bad for not uploading for ages so imma finish it through out the week =)

Enjoy xoxo

********************************************************************************************

“Caitlyn, you said you’d be here at eleven, you’re two hours late” I moaned down my LG Cookie and into Caitlyn’s voicemail. I chucked my phone onto my bed and looked at it really wishing I had a Blackberry once again. It seemed like everyone had one apart from me. A second later my mobile came to life playing my Cheryl Cole ‘Stand Up’ ringtone.

“Hello?” I said.

“I am SO sorry” Caitlyn’s voice pleaded across the line.

“Where are you?”

“I just… I’m on my way” she hesitated.

“That’s a lie, where are you really?” the expression on my face was one of a brick.

“Uhh…”

“You’re still at home aren’t you?”

“Actually I just woke up” said so quietly I had to raise the volume.

“What!”

“Don’t be mad” she squeaked.

“Just be here ASAP please” I said practically begging.

I was getting picked up by Justin at six thirty for our date to the movies and I hadn’t even picked out an outfit yet and now I only had six hours to get ready. Talk about being unorganised.

An hour later the doorbell rang and I rushed over to get it. Caitlyn stood there in front of me red in the face wearing black skinny jeans and pointing at her pink t-shirt which read ‘SMILE’ in huge yellow letters made up of sequins. I rolled my eyes and pulled her in by her arm.

“I am so sorry I completely forgot” she said as I dragged her up the stairs to my room where I had piles of my clothes all over the place once again. It looked like a clothes bomb had exploded or the stockroom of a store.

“Wow” Caitlyn ended her apology stunned.

“I’ve got nothing to wear!”

“You’ve got plenty to wear Lava” she said holding up an oversized Minnie Mouse t-shirt. I gave her a ‘you know what I mean’ look and dropped down onto my knees to examine a pile for a nice top or dress. I liked all my clothes, but today, they all seemed to look like they belonged in the trash.

“How about this one?” Caitlyn suggested holding up a sky blue mini dress with white polka dots. I shook my head thinking it looked too casual. She held up another dress for me to see, it was a sweet pink with a huge pin-on fuchsia flower attached. I shook my head again thinking that one was a bit too fancy. I was ruffling through another pile which seemed to only contain jeans, leggings and random t-shirts so I moved onto another. I kept finding things that seemed way too tiny for me. It took me a minute before I realised that Sarah had got our clothes mixed up again, urgh I was going to kill that brat someday. Mum had taken her out for the day after I had pleaded her to do so all night yesterday.

“How about this one?” I asked Caitlyn holding up a black mini-dress covered in a floral design with mini hooks running down the chest and an elastic waist.

“Perfect” she smiled glad the dress hunt was over. I looked at it suddenly unsure myself, oh well, I thought, it would do for now, after all I could hardly go shopping right now. I sighed loudly, it was times like these that made me wish I had an older sister to steal clothes from. I put it to the side to iron later so I could start putting all my clothes away.

“So what else did you want me to help you with Lava?” she asked trying to sound casual even thought I knew she wanted to make up for being three hours late.

“I can’t decide how to wear my hair and I wanted to ask you to do my makeup, is that okay?” I asked not wanting to take advantage of her. Instead she smiled widely.

“Cool, how about a pink lip-gloss to go with the floral design on the dress? Other than that, a flick of eyeliner and mascara and keep it nice and natural” she grinned. I nodded glad I’d invited her over, clothes was my thing but I wasn’t great at makeup and outfit co-ordinating. Caitlyn was the makeup guru out of the two of us.

I went downstairs to grab two packets of salt and vinegar crisps and make us a couple of tuna salad sandwiches for lunch before tidying up and getting into the shower. This is going to be a long afternoon, I thought cutting up some lettuce as I heard Caitlyn pounding down the stairs. She appeared at the door grinning, glad we’d sorted out the main outfit, she walked across the kitchen and started opening up random cabinets looking for the plates. I rolled my eyes at her laughing, she’d been to my house no less than a million times and she still hadn’t memorized the kitchen lay out, I watched her slightly amused as she finally opened the right cabinet and took out two plates.

“What you laughing at?” she asked me confused.

“Nothing, don’t worry” I smiled at her sweetly. She threw me a suspicious look but said no more going back to get a couple of glasses and opening the fridge to take out the pomegranate juice my mum had bought that morning. She picked it up and tilted it towards me asking if I wanted that or something else, I nodded back to her and she closed the fridge and took the glasses and carton to the living room where she placed them on the table in front of the television.

“Anything you want to watch?” she called out.

“Nah, you can pick” I replied shouting back slightly so she would be able to hear me. I heard her flicking through the channels, voices and random sound effects of shows, some I recognised, some I didn’t, came floating into the kitchen. Oh gosh, I thought to myself as the Come Dine With Me commentator’s voice filled the house and a contestants one bad mouthing another about some dodgy soufflé he had made. Such a wonderful world we live in, I thought sarcastically, finished making the sandwiches and placing them onto the plates.

                I walked into the living room and handed Caitlyn her plate and took a seat on the sofa nearest the television. I raised my eyebrow at some of the comments a couple of people were making but mostly tried to talk to Caitlyn who was trying to focus on the show. I sighed loudly trying to hint that I would rather she listen but she didn’t seem to get it, I groaned and gave up going back to eating my lunch.

********************************************************

How is it so far? Going to be adding to it throughout this week =) xoxo