Chapter 11 - A Big Day

Another half hour of driving later we arrived and I stepped out of the car. Mum had calmed down now and was straightening the flowers in Sarah’s hair. Dad was opening the boot of the car to get out the wedding present we’d got for Anne, a really beautiful crystal vase with an art nouveau design carved in.

“Jane, you made it!” cried Anne’s soon to be husband walking towards us with his arms spread out to hug us. He had a huge grin on his face like it was the happiest day of his life, well, I guess it was. I was holding the present so I couldn’t hug him but he still gave me an ‘air hug’. I know, weird right? I really liked Chris but he was a bit too much on the wacky, hippy side for me. He worked in an office doing I had no idea what and he had long hair which I noticed he had brushed and put in a ponytail for the big day. That makes a change, I thought recalling past times I’d seen Chris, usually at barbecue parties he hosted nearly every month of last summer, he'd had his hair all tangled and all over the place.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Writers block on this chapter at the moment. Will be coming back to it in future. Going to move on to chapter 12 for now. Sorry xx