Chapter 10 - Bridesmaid

A/N: Heyy everybody,

Hope y'all like this chapter. Please vote and comment any feedback you have.

Love all my readers & fans xoxo                      

                               *************************************************

  “Lava! We’re going to be late to the wedding at this rate! Hurry up!” my mum called up the stairs, it was obvious she was starting to get impatient. Today my mums’ friend, Annalise, was getting married and my mum was forcing me to go, crutches, cast and all.

I looked ridiculous in the baby pink, knee length, frilly bridesmaid dress Annalise had picked out for me and the rest of the bridesmaids. I didn’t mind the dress too much, it was actually kind of cute, in a princess fairy sort of way, but people don’t wear knee length, frilly dresses with grey crutches and a cast on their left foot.

The cast, my sister had completely ruined. She had painted it baby pink to go with the dress but halfway through she’d changed her mind and painted the pink over with lime green, without waiting for the paint to dry. I wasn’t paying any attention when she was doing it, I was too busy on my laptop watching music videos.  

I regretted it so much now, as I starred at the cast on my leg, now a disgusting murky brown. I had started shouting, telling her off but then my mum started telling me off , saying my sister was only little and was just trying to be nice. I didn’t even get a chance to repaint it nicely because mum said it wouldn’t dry in time for the wedding.  

I moaned about having to go to a wedding looking like I had a tree growing out of my foot but my mum said I’d have to. My dad actually attempted to say I looked ‘nice’, like I was actually going to believe that.

“Get into the car sweetie” said my dad just as Jaden was coming out of his room.  

“Hm, hm, hm” I tried to stifle a laugh but I really honestly couldn’t. I suddenly burst out laughing at the sight of my brother standing at the top of the stairs dressed in a formal green suit Annalise had got for him. Anne had said the theme was nature, roses and leaves, how sweet. Guess he was a leaf.  

“Hurry up Lava, Jaden get down here!” my mum commanded getting annoyed now.

“Sarah… Sarah where are you?”

Sarah came in from the kitchen in a miniature version of the dress I was wearing with tiny rosebuds in her curled hair. She had a huge smile plastered on to her face. She was clearly the only one enjoying the day. Dad had beads of sweat on his forehead from the stress even though he was still smiling. Mums blusher seemed pointless now, what with her face as red as a cherry.  

We got into the car still moaning and moody. Jaden was complaining about his tie being on too tight and Sarah was moaning that she was going to wet herself because she needed the toilet so much. Mum was still red in the face being moody and dad was trying to cheer everyone up saying that a wedding was a happy event and we couldn’t go there the way we were and ruin the mood.  

I said the only thing that I wanted was to get the whole thing over and done with. I mean I liked Annalise, she was alright and that. She usually came round on Friday nights to hang out with my mum and catch the latest episode of whatever show they always banged on about. And we sometimes went clothes shopping with her too. Annalise and I got on well and I was really happy for her.  

Mum was looking at her face in the car mirror, deciding she looked too red she got out her foundation and applied a little over her cheeks. She took a deep breath and turned around to give the rest of us a lecture, as she always did when we were going to an event with people we knew.  

“When we get there I want all of you to be as good as gold… no you are going to be better than gold because you have driven me up the wall you lot. I want you, Sarah, to give Annalise your present first then you, Jaden, and then you, Lava. Okay?” she said and we nodded “Good, Jaden you are going to sit still and be polite and Sarah you be a good little flower girl.”

“I’m not little!” exclaimed Sarah.

“Remember this is Anne’s big day, not yours” she continued eyeing Sarah sternly.

“But…”

“No buts Sarah” she snapped clearly still stressed out. She turned to my dad and started telling him who was going to be there and asked him if there was going to be anyone he knew.  

I looked around the car, Jaden was still complaining and so was Sarah. Mum started going pink again and so did dad. I looked out the window waiting patiently to get out of the car as I watched the rain patter gently on the glass. I wondered why every time we went out as a family it had to be so… chaotic. It was never simple like, get ready, get out, get there and have a good time. There always had to be complications.  

Oh well, I sighed, at least Caitlyn would be there with Christian. I didn’t have a date to the wedding but Annalise was fine with me asking a few friends along. She was quite fond of Caitlyn actually, probably because they were both huge girlie girls. Annalise was twenty-six but she when she let loose, she could be such a laugh. I’d asked Ryan and Chaz along too but Ryan had football practice and Chaz hadn’t been feeling too great the past week.  

It did upset me a bit that I couldn’t bring Justin along, although even if he could have come, I realised it would not have been a good idea to go to a wedding for a first date. Come to think of it, Justin hadn’t asked me out yet. God, what was I going to do if he did? I looked to the ceiling of the car and imagined I could see through it and look at the sky.  

“Are we there yet?” asked Jaden snapping me out of my daydream.

“We’ll be there in five minutes” my dad replied.

Yeah right, I thought, we’d left the house fifteen minutes ago and I knew for a fact the venue was ages away. I got my phone out and texted my mum;                  

                                                   How long really?  

A beeping sound came out of her bag and she got her own phone out. She seemed amused by the text but replied anyway.                                

                                                30 – 45 minutes darling                                                                                                

                                                           Sit tight xx  

I let out another sigh and sat back, going back to what I was doing before Jaden’s outburst. This was going to be a long drive, I thought opening my handbag. I rummaged through it for my iPod, my earphones were all tangled up. I untangled them and plugged them into the iPod before putting them in my ears. I sat back again and closed my eyes taking the music in.                  

                                            *************************************************

A/N: Thanks for reading =) 

Please vote and comment any feedback you have.

Love all my readers and fans. Next chapter in about a week - xoxo