X.

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be all right
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Brandy followed T'Challa towards the throne room before being blocked from entering.

"She comes with me", he ordered.

The guards looked at each other suspiciously but allowed her to go. The room was quiet as everyone waited for their king to sit. Brandy found herself out of place and stood off to the side, trying to blend in.

However, her jeans were definitely noticeable difference from the royal robes. But before anyone could point her out, T'Challa started the meeting.

"My king, we've gotten intel from a vendor in the market that the Jabari tribe have been coming closer to our city's borders as of late. We know not of what their intentions are but they have never ventured this close unless for a reason. They do not pose a threat yet but we do not know what M'Baku could be planning", one of Dora told the room.

"I will go speak to M'Baku", T'Challa said leaning forward on the throne.

"And Ms. Harris will come with me. It will be a good experience for her."

Everyone flashed their eyes in Brandy's direction and she froze.

"Who is this girl my son?", spoke a woman next to T'Challa. Brandy could feel herself growing more uncomfortable as their eyes never left her as T'Challa answered.

"She is a friend mama. Believe me when I say, she will be of more help than you know."

The entire council still seemed skeptical but didn't have the guts to question the king. He dismissed them and everyone mingled around for a few minutes before leaving the room. That just left Brandy and T'Challa.

"Come we need to make some preparations for the trip", T'Challa said ushering her over and out of the throne room.

"And, you will need to change and get some warm clothes", he continued as she looped her arm into his.

"And why is that?", Brandy questioned as the two of them reached a window near the east corridor. The sun was resting down on the mountains that surrounded Wakanda and it was the most gorgeous thing Brandy had ever seen. T'Challa's gaze fell onto the snowy white mountains in the distance.

"Because, I don't think you'd like to freeze to death on those mountains."

Another side note: So Part 1 is done and I'll post the playlist for Part 2 soon. Also, I've kinda finished a premise for a story with M'Baku because he is definitely one of my favorite characters from the movie but I'm not sure if I'm going to post it yet. But we'll see!