VI.

Glory and gore go hand in hand

That's why we're making headlines

You could try and take us

But victory's contagious

The royal guards ushered the two of them out of the building and towards the cars. Before she could reach the car, Brandy was stopped by Natasha. "I'll be taking her", she said quickly as she grabbed her arm. Brandy went to protest but Nat had already led her to a building across the street. "Tell me everything."

Brandy recounted everything that happened. "I need to go back to the palace and make sure T'Challa is okay. I think he's going to do something reckless", Brandy said bouncing her foot. "Well did you see anything?", Natasha questioned. Brandy knew exactly what she meant. She had this strange ability to be able to peak into the future that only Nat knew about. From what she was picking up, T'Challa was going to keep on his word and go after the culprit but it was still a bit fuzzy. "I couldn't see much but I just know that I have to stop him from doing anything stupid", Brandy said quickly. Nat released her hand, knowing that there was no way she could stop her. "Fine, but be careful. We're definitely not in the government's good graces now."

Brandy hurried out of the building and back towards the UN Building. Luckily for her, T'Challa's car hadn't left yet. She knocked on the door and it was unlocked. She made her way inside and sat down next to him. The air was thick inside as everyone inside was still battered and bruised. Not daring to break the silence, she tried communicating through their minds. The anger and rage hit her full on. It took a lot but she pushed through it and was able to send him a message. "Everything's going to be fine."

T'Challa called his counsel into session as soon as he stepped out of the car, leaving Brandy to fend for herself. She waltzed through the palace and ended up back in the garden. It was eerily quiet as the panthers roamed through the bushes. Brandy's mind was racing as she sat down on one of the benches. She was still trying to form a plan when a hand touched her arm. It was Sam. The two had become close during the mission in Sokovia. "I know what you're thinking about", he said resting his hands on his thighs. "Natasha told me what happened. You gotta just let T'Challa grieve. We all grieve differently", he said placing a hand on her shoulder. "You of all people should know that."