Chapter 8

Christian POV 

The police cars were so unbearably loud, I had almost considered going back inside the mall to avoid the noise. But I would NOT abandon my sister, no matter how many people she tried to kill. 

We walked up to one of the officers. He ignored us at first, but eventually gave in. "What do you want, kids? I don't have time for pranks right now, JUSTIN." He gave us a disgruntled look, then looked at me. "Oh. Come on over." 

He walked us over to Caitlin. She looked so fragile, and pale. Seeing her like this was too much. I started to cry. I didn't care, I just let it all out. Madi came up behind me, and put her arm around my waist. I could see she was crying, too. This was probably just as hard for her as it was for me. 

"What happ--" Madi's voice cracked, and she stopped, as if she were afraid of the answer. She laid her head on my shoulder, and began to cry even more than she already was. 

"Madi, its alright. She's breathing, she just isn't waking up. We think she is in a coma. Whatever happened to her must have scared her pretty bad." The officer told us. 

"Is she hurt?" I asked. 

The officer gave me a look of sympathy, and that just made me mad. I wasn't looking for their sympathy, I just wanted answers about my sister. I wanted to know if she was okay. 

"She has a scrape along her right cheek, if that's what you mean. We can't tell if her mind is in the right state, though. Do you kids know anything?" 

"Well--" I stopped, wondering if this would get her arrested when she woke up. I decided this could possibly help, and plunged on. "She came home last night, covered in dirt and sweat. I thought, or assumed, she was the one that buried that girl. But now it seems like she was framed." 

The officer pulled out a little notebook. "Do you know anyone that would want to frame her?"

"No. Sorry, I can't think of anyone that would do that to Caitlin. Everyone loved her...or so I thought." I responded, too upset to go on. Who would do such a thing?!

Jessica POV 

I didn't know what to say. I had never known Caitlin, but I felt terrible for Madi and Christian. This was almost too much for me. Stratford had NEVER been like this before. I began to feel anxiety, and longing for New York and my mother. I don't know why I was thinking like that...I couldn't go back and face Derek. 

I looked at Justin. He seemed to like me a lot. I knew we were a good match, but would someone better come along? Would he throw me aside...just like Derek? 

"You all should get on home. Just relax. We're taking her to the hospital, she'll be okay. You can come visit her tomorrow." The officer said, pulling me out of my thoughts. 

We walked back to Justin's car. "I'm sorry." I say. 

Madi POV 

Everything was a blur on the ride home.