Introduction

Jessica POV:

Moving to Stratford isn't exactly the most exciting in the world...but I needed to get away. From him, from my mother. I don't know...just somewhere else. And thanks to him, I have to go live with my dad.....all the way in Canada. My mom didn't get it at first...she doesn't get me, so that was expected. But, hopefully this will be a good thing. Maybe I'll meet some new friends and forget about him...move on.

I remember walking to his house, to tell him that I was falling for him. That he was amazing. The most perfect guy I had ever me-- "Yeah, I don't think this is working out. Like, you're a nice girl, and we have been dating for almost a year now...but I just don't love you like I used to." I remember those words coming out of his mouth, when I opened the door. I remember the feeling I had when my heart broke in two.

I had turned around and ran back to my house, tears streaming down my eyes. How could he do that to me? I felt like I couldn't trust anyone anymore, they were just gonna hurt me in the end. I remembered yelling at my mother to leave me alone...that I wanted to go to Canada...and live with Dad, in Stratford. I wasn't cut out for New York.

Those images kept playing throughout my head all day..on the plane to Stratford, in the car drive to my dad's house. All day, I wanted to scream. To cry my eyes out, to go to my dad and have him tell me everything was going to be okay. Just like he used to when I was a little girl.

When I got into my old room, I plopped down on my bed and fell asleep. It had been a long day, and I needed this. Everything was going to be okay.