Chapter 9: The Aftermath

***Liking the story so far? Hit the vote button and comment below***

Chapter 9: The aftermath

I looked at how the workers of the kingdom prepared me for the ball that was taking place tonight. I saw how they positioned my dress in all the right directions but I didn't know how it looked on me because there wasn't a mirror in the room. The color of the dress was a dark blue and I smiled because it was one of my favorite colors but I was also sad because it was also Wesley's favorite color. I haven't seen him for over a year now because he had to go back to his kingdom which was in Germany. He had to go back because the King and Queen had died in an explosion that had occurred while they were walking through the village. I had been so frightened when Wesley had told me that before he left because I wonder who could have done something as evil as that.

I remember crying nonstop as he left me and I had felt as if I was 10 years old even if I was 16 at the time. I felt so empty after he left because it was only a week ago that we had confessed our feelings to one another. That week had been the best time of my life but in a blink of an eye, time flew and he had to leave France already. When I was aware of my feelings for Wesley, I always had a feeling that we would end up marrying each other in the future. After he had left, everything had shattered inside me because I knew that the possibility was none that we would see each other again. After that, I would be inside of my home more than outside and if I was outside it was because the workers dragged me outside. Each time I was outside, everything around me reminded me of him and the memories would come crashing upon me which would cause me to break down crying as if he had left the day before. I started smiling less and I felt the mood change as time passed because his absence felt as if there was a part missing here. It was as if Wesley left with a part of me because I hadn't felt like myself for almost half of the year.

The worst thing of all of this was that he never even sent me a letter which left me even shattered. He had promised me before he left that he would write me letters, but not a single one came for me so I knew that he hadn't missed me at all. It felt as if he had forgotten all about meeting Katherine Isabella not Princess Katherine like everyone else. And all of these thoughts went through my head just by looking at the dress color. I felt very frustrated so I ended up doing a sound of annoyance which caused all of the workers to look at me directly now. They asked me if I was okay and I told them that it was nothing and they finished working on the final details of the dress. They brought a mirror in the room so that I could look at myself in the dress, and I must say that the dress looked absolutely breathtaking. The details were beautiful made but what I loved most was the dark blue color it had. I smiled as I saw myself but I knew that this smile wouldn't reach my eyes like when I was with that German boy.

"You look beautiful" Mother said as she entered the room

"Thank you" I said

"The celebration just started and there are many people already here" she said and it didn't surprise me. I forgot to mention that the ball was taking place in my home so the journey to the celebration wasn't really that long. My mother, father and me made it into the Grand Ballroom's entrance, and the guard in the door opened the doors for us.

"The King and Queen with Princess Katherine" the royal announcer said as we entered the ballroom

There were so many people and I hardly even knew anyone inside this room so I knew that I wasn't going to have a great time tonight. The ballroom had an incredible view of the night sky and the meadows outside of my home. I walked outside of the ballroom and towards the meadows because I wasn't really feeling the celebration mood to be dancing all night. I held into the balcony railing as I stared at the night sky. I was so mesmerized of how many stars were in the night sky tonight that I walked through the stairs that were outside and continued to enter the meadows. I walked for a little while before I found myself resting on the ground just staring at the sky. I knew where exactly to go to because I remember how I used to just watch the night sky some nights with Wesley since we have met.