Chapter 5 - Part 2 : "Kindly Unspoken"

September 2017

It has been over a week since Michelle last saw Taylor after Hanson's gig in Nashville. They'd spent a short, but passionate night together. Needless to say, Michelle missed him so much. Michelle found that with every visit it was getting harder and harder for her and Taylor to be apart. Part of her wished that this whole ordeal would be over and done with, but with Taylor stalling at telling his wife the truth of their affair, Michelle felt that he was just delaying the inevitable.

Sometimes Michelle wondered if Taylor was having second thoughts about leaving his wife for her.

Michelle tried to shake off her insecurities and doubts by putting her focus what she was currently doing. It was late, she was in the process of writing a new song, but found it difficult considering the fact she couldn't stay focused due to being sleep deprived. Michelle felt stressed out due to the tour she had just wrapped up and continuing her affair with Taylor behind closed doors. Michelle hated to lie, but she had to with Taylor...at least for now, until he told his wife.

Michelle was happy to be with Taylor again, no doubt, but she just wished it were under different circumstances. Michelle knew she and Taylor were taking a huge risk in continuing their affair, considering the fact many people were at risk of getting hurt when the truth comes out, her daughter being one of those people.

Ever since the day Owen was born Michelle had always tried to protect her, since her daughter was the most important thing in her life.

A part of her felt ashamed about the affair, and didn't want her daughter to be disappointed in her.

Michelle was so proud of all her musical accomplishments, but none of those accomplishments compared to the joy Michelle felt the day she had became a mother. Owen was, without a doubt, in Michelle's opinion, her greatest achievement in life.

Michelle was so proud of her daughter. Owen was so smart, so open, so loving and so funny. No matter how difficult of a day Michelle would be having, Owen always found a way to make her smile.

As Michelle was writing, she heard her bedroom door open and turned her head in that direction. She smiled when she saw Owen standing here.

"It looks like somebody couldn't sleep." Michelle commented.

"Yeah, I was just tossing and turning a lot, it was driving me crazy. Can I sleep here with you tonight?" Owen asked.

"Of course, honey. I could always use a cuddle from my favorite person in the world."

Michelle scooted over and made room for her daughter on the bed as she put her notebook and pen on the nightstand next to her.

Owen gave her mother a big smile, closed the door behind her and quickly got into bed.

"Thanks, Mom."

"No problem, kiddo." Michelle answered back.

The two lay there together quietly.

"So, is there a reason why you can't sleep, baby?" Michelle asked her daughter as she gently stroked her head.

"Kind of. I've been thinking about a lot of things lately." Owen answered back honestly.

"Oh? What have you been thinking about?"

Owen was quiet for a moment. It seemed like she was almost afraid to admit her dilemma to her mother.

Michelle gently nudged her daughter and gave her a reassuring look.

Owen looked at her mother for a moment and sighed deeply as she decided to share her problems. Owen figured if she couldn't talk to her mother about what she is feeling right now, who else could she talk to? Who else could understand her like her mother did? The answer was that no one could, ever. Her mother was her best friend.