Chapter 1 - Part 2: "Hopeless Romantic"

Continued from previous chapter....

---

May 2017, Sunday Evening

"Are you ready?" Taylor asked. "They want to hear you play. You gonna keep them waiting?"

Michelle took a deep breath and nodded.

"Let's do this."

Taylor smiled.

"'Atta girl."

They walked back up onto the stage. Michelle's band was already on stage and behind their instruments, waiting for her.

Michelle took a deep breath and looked at Taylor before she walked out on stage.

"Break a leg. I'll be right on the side, cheering you on." Taylor said.

Michelle walked out to loud applause and cheers. She approached the mic stand and gazed out at the massive crowd.

"Wow," she breathed, "what a crowd we have tonight! Thank you so much for coming out. I'm Michelle Branch, and this song is called "Are You Happy Now?"

She picked up her guitar and slung it over her shoulder. Glancing back at her band, she started playing the song, and the crowd went wild.

---

Later that night

The show had gone really well. Michelle was really happy with how her set had gone. She thought they'd sounded good and the crowd had been enthusiastic. Hanson's set had been terrific, and they'd played a new song of theirs. They had also been inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame, which was a much deserved award she had been happy to witness.

It was around 10:30pm and her, her band, and Hanson were lounging around backstage, waiting for the crowd to disperse and debriefing the show.

"That was wild," Isaac laughed, taking a swig off his beer bottle. "That crowd has to have been the biggest yet."

Taylor nodded excitedly in agreement.

"It totally was. I'd say that was 2000 at least."

Two girls came up and started talking to Taylor. Michelle watched him as he animatedly discussed something with the two girls. One girl laughed loudly at something Taylor said, then looked around like she was embarrassed. Michelle wondered who the girls were.