Chapter 4 - Part 2 : "Fault Line"

Once Taylor got to the airport and boarded his flight, he decided to give Michelle a call to tell her what time his flight should be landing in New York.

But when Taylor arrived, and to his surprise, Michelle was already waiting for him at the luggage claim. Her flight had landed a few hours before Taylor's.

As much as Taylor wanted to grab a hold of Michelle and kiss her, he knew they had to be careful not to draw attention considering they were in a public place where fans could recognize them. The last thing both Taylor and Michelle needed was to have their faces plastered on gossip magazines that could easily be read or seen by their loved ones. They'd been through that already, and didn't want to repeat the experience.

Once they got out of the airport and into their rental car, they were able to relax more and be more at ease with each other. Taylor grabbed a hold of Michelle then leaned over and kissed her.

"God, I missed you so much." he said.

Michelle kissed Taylor back.

"It's so good to see you. I've missed you so much." She replied.

Taylor smiled and sat back in his seat. He looked over at her.

"Me too. You have no idea. Now, let's get out of here." he said as he started the car and drove away.

He then intertwined his hand with hers. Michelle turned on some music and the two sat in comfortable silence for a while.

After a half hour being on the road Michelle was curious where they were heading.

"So where are we going?" Michelle asked.

"You'll see soon enough." Taylor answered back with a coy smile.

Michelle looked at Taylor and sighed.

"I should've known you were going to be secretive about our romantic getaway. You've always been like this, ever since we were teenagers." Michelle said with a hint of sass in her voice.

"Well, sometimes surprises are worth the suspense." Taylor told Michelle, winking at her.

Michelle rolled her eyes and sighed, deciding not to press the matter for the time being.

Taylor drove some more and once the mountains came into view, Michelle had an idea where they were heading. She didn't ask Taylor though, because she wanted to see if her hunch was right.

When Taylor drove up a gravel road that lead to a rustic cabin, Michelle smiled because she immediately knew where Taylor had brought her.

"You didn't." Michelle said, a glint in her eye as she hopped out of the car excitedly.

Taylor got out of the car, grabbed their suitcases, and began to follow Michelle up the walkway. Taylor got the keys out and opened the door.

"Ladies first." Taylor gestured towards Michelle.

Michelle walked into the cabin and was hit with a strong sense of deja vu.

She gasped in awe at the sight in front of her as she walked into the living room. It was like she was in a time warp. The cabin looked almost exactly the same as it did the last time Taylor brought up her here 15 years earlier.

Michelle walked around the cabin some more looking at the living room and kitchen. Taylor watched how excited Michelle looked and he couldn't help but smile. He knew bringing her up here would stir up a lot beautiful memories considering this place held a great meaning to them.

Michelle walked towards the couch near the fireplace and she had a flashback to a very pivotal moment that changed her and Taylor's lives forever...