4. Enchanted

One hour later I was exhausted to death, dancing like crazy on the dance floor with my friends. I wasn't drunk, okay? I had just taken one drink. No more.

"Abi!" I tried to call my best friend but music was so loud that she wouldn't hear me. "Hey, Abigail," I touched her on the shoulder.

"What?"

"I'm gonna go get a glass of water, okay? I'll be right back."

She nodded and continued dancing with Beth.

I tried to reach the bar, getting through all those people, slowly, trying not to push anyone, I didn't want to get in trouble. I got there and then ordered my glass of water. The young man standing on the other side of the bar gave me a weird look. As if he was trying to say "A glass of water? Really?". Not everyone would order a glass of water in a night club at 1.26 in the morning, I knew that. So I just nodded, conscious of my own weirdness.

When he gave me what I had asked for I turned around in order to leave, but I bumped into someone instead. From the collision, the glass of water I was holding in my hands flew to the boy's face, pouring all the water on him.

Oh, my god, no. Not him. But, yeah, it was him.

He looked down at his plaid shirt, all wet now because of the water I had accidentally poured over him. Then he looked up to face me.

"You," he said. A big smile spread across his face.

"And you," I replied.

"We meet again," he was still smiling widely.

"Yeah." I looked into his blue eyes, not knowing what to say. "Sorry for..." I pointed at his wet shirt.

He shrugged. "I guess I deserved that, since I hit you with a ball this morning. Okay, I get it."

I laughed. "It was an accident."

"Well, I think you wanted revenge, didn't you?"

He looked at me in a way that made me feel self-conscious.

I looked down, smiling. "Okay. You got me. I've been following you all day, waiting for my moment to arrive. And here it is. Now we're even. You're welcome."

Suddenly, he laughed out loud, which made me laugh too.

"I knew it," he said, still laughing so hard.

"But still you didn't see it coming. Which means I won," I showed him my best smirk.

He smiled. "You just won a battle, not the whole war, my friend."

I raised one eyebrow. I didn't know what that was about, but it made me smile.

"This isn't OVEEEEERR!" he shouted with a creepy devil voice, putting his arms up.

"What the hell," I just couldn't stop laughing.

He gave me a disapproving look. "Hey, do not swear, girl."

"Is it forbidden?"

He smiled. "No, but it's not ladylike."

I frowned. "Oh, okay. Then should I... go drink cold tea? Would that be okay for you, Monsieur?"

He looked at me, frowning, looking confused. I thought that maybe I had gone a little bit too far with that, since he was english and all of that. So I just decided it was time to leave.

I turned around, but he grabbed me by the wrist. "Wait."

"What?" I asked him.

"Can I..." he seemed indecisive, "can I invite you to another glass of water? Since, you know, my whole body absorbed the one you had ordered, selfishly," he said to me. "Stupid body," he said, looking down at his chest, as if to pretend he was actually talking to his own body.