1. Where It All Began

Day 1.

Last summer. 13th of July. That's when it all began.

I was living happily, enjoying life the way you do when you're 17 and you have nothing better to do than hanging out with your friends. I was a 17-year-old girl, yes, but I had never fallen in love. Not even liked someone long enough. Which was weird. I already knew that. Everybody knew, actually. But I didn't care. I was young and free and I didn't need no men in my life, to be honest. My friends were as crazy as I was, so we all got on very well together. In fact, the only people that really knew me were my friends. Everybody else thought I was the shy girl that never had fun and never talked. Which I was, partly. But just because they hadn't even try to know the real me.

But, let's not talk about me. This is about my not love story.

That summer, me and my friends had decided, since we had worked really hard all school year long, that we deserved to spend the whole summer in the beach. So we packed our things and got ready to spend two months at the beach. Being frank, I thought it'd be a boring summer. Since what can you do during two whole months in the beach, other than, you know, going to the beach? I was wrong, of course.

13th of July. It was a very hot day, like any other day. My friend Abigail woke me up at 9 in the morning.

"Heyyyyy," I moaned under the sheets of my bed.

"Time to wake up, Gwen!" she took the sheets off me.

"I'm tired," I complained.

"Then you shouldn't have gone to bed at two am last night."

"It was you who suggested going to that club!"

"Anyway, get up, you lazy girl!" she tried to take me off bed.

"Stooooop! I want to sleep, Abi," I told her.

But she wouldn't listen to me. She left the room and came back one minute later with a glass of cold water in her hands. I knew what she was planning to do.

"Nonononono I'm getting up, I'm getting up," I said as I got up the fastest I could, not wanting to get another glass of cold water poured over my face. "I'm up," I announced her. "See?" I looked at her.

She was smiling at me with a mischievous smile.

"What..." but she didn't let me finished. She poured the water on my face so fast I didn't see it coming.

She laughed out loud.

"What the hell, Abi? Why did you just do that?"

"So you'd wake up," she answered, still laughing at me.

"I was already up!"

She laughed even more loud then. I might have looked funny, all wet and furious.

"Okay, get dressed and see you in five minutes."

"Wait, where are we going at nine in the morning?" I asked.

"Where do you think? To the beach, Gwen," she seemed exited.

As if we hadn't gone to the beach every single morning since we arrived, I thought.

"We've been here for two weeks now and we haven't found any cute guys yet. I want a cute guy to hang out with, Gwen." She sighed.

I smiled. Abigail was always looking for 'cute boys to hang out with', as she always said.

"Okay, then. See you in five minutes."

She left, shutting the door behind her.

I headed over to the wardrobe to look for something that would look well on me. Finally, I decided I'd wear my black and white bikini under a neon pink tank top and a pair of black shorts that I really liked.

"I'm ready," I said when I entered the living room. Everyone was already there, ready to leave: Elizabeth, Bethany, Emma, Ally, Abigail and Helena.

"So let's go, girls!" Liz shouted.

I grabbed my bag and got out of the house.

Once we were at the beach, everyone left their stuff on their towels and headed over to the sea.

After half an hour in the water, I got out beause I was bored and tired. To be frank, I prefered the pool to the beach. So I just laid down on my towel, closed my eyes and waited there for time to pass by fast.

+ + + + +
Author's Note: Hey guys, this is a story that I started writting last summer and I just now decided to start publishing it. I hope you guys like it. COMENT and VOTE if you do like it, please, I'm dying to know what you guys think of it.
PS: english is not my first language so I apologize for any grammar mistakes there might be, but feel free to comment the mistakes you saw me making so I can correct it and improve. Thank you so much.
-Marina.