(06) - Marry Him

| The All Knowing |

"Why?" Elena huffed exasperated at everyone's constant perseverance. "Everyone is telling me to marry him but none of you are telling me why or even listening to what I have to say." Elena whimpered, her anger getting the best of her as warm tears brimmed her eyes. She was never one to get angry and start throwing around chairs and injuring inanimate objects – instead she'd release her anger in the tainted water that leaked from her orbs.

"Are you questioning my decisions?" Her mother's voice threatened, Alessandra stood from her previous position on the maroon leather couch and walked closer towards her daughter. Her hazel eyes scanning over her spawn in serene discontent.

"I'm just not happy with this whole idea; I understand it's what dad arranged and wanted but since when did I become completely irrelevant?" Elena scowled not hesitating to return her mother's sour gaze. "Do I not even get a say in this anymore?" She sulked; Jake stood by her side as the whole room kept staring attentively not knowing what to say.

"I don't appreciate your attitude Lena." Alessandra hissed at her daughters' rudimentary behaviour. "You will listen to every word I say, don't you trust me?" She knew guilt tripping Elena always worked like a charm, when she wanted something she would fight for it.

"Don't you respect me? Do you even care about what I think anymore? – Ever since dad died you've been so oblivious to what I do with my life until now! I'm surprised you even turned up here," Elena spluttered out of anger, no longer in control of the accusations that trickled from her oral cavity.

"How dare you! After everything I've done for you? You act as if you're the only one who lost your dad..." Her mother hissed in shock, they were both now ignoring the looming presences in the room and focussed on their argument.

"Yeah well sometimes I question if you ever even loved him." Elena growled, she shot her most deadly glare and unwillingly the tears rolled down her cheeks and spattered against the floor only to be absorbed by the soft carpets. A deadly tension surrounding them as Alessandra instinctively raised her arm.

"That's enough." Jake spoke up, his hand wrapping around his soon to be mother-in-laws petite wrist with enough force to stop the impending hit.

"Its true mum and you know it," Elena's bottom lip quivered, her eyes focussed on the raised hand before scuttling away. "Elena sweetie," they all called but she wanted nothing more than to escape, run home and hug her father... Go into an empty house only to find her brother hiding round a corner ready to scare her. To go home and have her parents talk to each other in a amorous manner, but none of that was going to happen – she was stuck in the Carter household in search of her lost best friend, although she was to some extent annoyed with Charlotte yet she couldn't deny that she was the only one who understood Elena's claims.

"Elena, please don't cry." She heard the familiar husky voice sigh, his body swiftly approaching her as her body trembled with soundless sobs. "I'm sure your mother didn't mean to get so angry!" Jake tried to soothe walking a few steps behind her, it was evident she had no idea in which direction she was going instead her feet just guided her through the endless hallways."

"You don't know her like I do," Elena sighed; she loved her mother a lot, but not a lot of the time... Alessandra De Angelis was hiding many secrets and Elena was well aware of that plus it was expected with the lifestyle her father and brother lead. Elena was never sure if their marriage was arrange because she knew that the love was weak and absent, only enough to produce offspring and put up with each other. She just couldn't understand why. She had overheard snippets of arguments only to have her ears covered by the help or her brother – never long to figure out what was actually going on between the two. Elena used to hope that they learnt to love each other properly, or at least have her mother love her father instead of a one sided relationship.