(22) - Flowers

| The All Knowing |

Elena's vision blurred and the sound of the vehicle driving off troubled her, her brain fighting to regain her vision. The shaking didn't help her as everyone shouted her name, Jake's firm grip on her and his close proximity dizzying her further.

"Stop!" She managed to whisper out, the shaking quickly stopped and the loud noises halted, her body falling backwards and into the arms of the guard. Her eyes squeezed tightly together before snapping open. Everything moved in a weird mix of swirls before straightening out. "Where did the car go?" She panicked, her head moving a little too fast, the driveway was empty and everyone looked at her in confusion.

"You need to sit down Butterfly," Jake suggested, his eyes boring into hers with concern.

"You saw him too, right?" She sounded almost hysterical as he showed no sign of emotion to her question.

"No, your dad is dead Elena, that couldn't have been your dad" he said carefully, concern lacing words whilst he inspected her. She shook her head in disagreement, her body whipped around to see the familiar guard who caught her.

"You saw that man right?" She desperately needed it to be a reality.

"Mr Carter is right; you need to sit down." Elena almost growled in anger before childishly seating herself on the ground.

"You recently injured your head, you have to be careful..." He spoke soothingly to her. "The Godfather had one of his affiliates visit him today, I doubt this man was your father." Benito tried to help her understand the situation.

"Maybe you are right," Elena pouted in defeat, part of her mind remained fixated on the familiar face even as the little boys took a seat besides her. "Thank you Ben," she smiled up towards him, the sun blinding her a little as she watched him smile in acknowledgement before returning to guard the home.

"We should go inside," Jake interrupted the moment, his voice stern and a weird look plastered across his face. He held his hand out for Elena and she reluctantly took it, a weird feeling bubbled inside of her when he made no effort to let go of her hand once she was standing.

"Leonardo, Valentino, come inside – you can play with Uncle Gabriel," he smiled softly at the young pair and lead everyone inside. Gabriel stood in the hallway with a gentle smile on his face, his arms were open and the boys scuttled towards him and allowed him to pick the pair up effortlessly. Elena felt slightly disheartened watching them leave her side so soon but she felt Jake's hand reassuringly squeezed hers,

"Where are we going?" She questioned following his lead as he walked slightly ahead of her, his hand still holding her firmly.

"To the kitchen, I will check on your wounds," he informed her as they entered the gorgeous kitchen, it was exquisitely laid out with grand marble tops and matching cupboards. The chef who stood in the kitchen momentarily stopped chopping vegetables to acknowledge the pair.

"I'm fine," Elena reasoned, nevertheless she followed Jake's silent instructions and took a seat on the high breakfast stool. His hands brushed away the stray hairs that fell across her face and she tried her best to fight away the blush that wanted to creep on her cheeks. He took his time to examine her wounds, they were sat in an awkward silence aside from the repeated bashing of the knife against the chopping board.

"So, you know Mr Brambilla?" The curiosity seeped through Jake's voice, his fingers carefully picking at the bandages wrapped around her.

"Who?" Her eyebrows furrowed at his question.