(04) - No Entry

| The All Knowing |

The realisation of what Elena had just done had hit her like a tonne of bricks; she swiftly unwound her arms from the comforts of his neck. She was dazed by disbelief as she tried to think of something to say but no words parted her lips and her voice failed to co-operate.  After a few seconds of contemplation, Elena finally spoke up in response to the handsome cousin in the room.

"There is absolutely nothing going on between me and your cousin." Elena blushed furiously, before fiercely pushing away a satisfied Jake.

"If that's what you think," the green eyed boy chuckled softly whilst walking towards a flushed Elena. "I'm Gabriel Carter," he stuck his hand out in a polite manner before scrutinizing her closely.

"Elena De Angelis." She curtly nodded and grasped onto his hand to return the warm gesture.

"Charlotte, you'll accompany me to look for rings tomorrow." Jake interrupted strictly addressing Elena's best friend, a playful glint hiding behind his serious features.

"Okay!" Her friend beamed excitedly, she knew exactly what kind of ring her friend wanted and it was only a matter of time before she had to actually go out with someone to find and buy it.

"Charlotte! You will do no such thing," Elena scolded as if Charlotte were her own child.

"Are you sure there's absolutely nothing going on between you and my cousin?" Gabriel chanted whilst raking his hands through his light brown, almost blonde locks in a similar fashion to Jake. His eyes had a comparable expression of mockery like Jake had previously displayed.

"Yes – there are no need for rings." Elena clarified.

"I will pick you up from Elena's house at 11am tomorrow; we can have lunch together Charlotte." Jake suggested, he hid the laughter that threatened to spill fluently, he was used to masking his many emotions, and it was almost like a second nature to him.

"That sounds lovely," Charlotte fussed, a tinkle of exhilaration shooting through her.

"I'll go together with you guys," Gabriel smirked, his emerald eyes taking the time to rake over the animated Miss Charlotte Huntington.

"Why don't you marry him Charlotte?" Elena growled before hastily standing up and leaving no time for Jake to pull her back down.

"Elle!" She heard the voices echo but she was in no hurry to listen to their frantic pleas, instead Elena slipped off her heels and scurried through the halls.

A cool shudder trickled down Elena's spine as she wandered the halls aimlessly with no sense of direction. She glimpsed around apprehensively; beautiful, mahogany framed portraits stared at her as if they were smiling behind layers of swirling paint. Glimmering, hesitant light streamed in through the grand window down the hall, casting illuminating shadows on the walls and enlightening the pictures. A young girl with striking blonde hair grinned in a portrait as if she were greeting Elena, Elena was suddenly curious as to who the girl was. She then acknowledged the compilation of pictures that lined the cream wall. There were a few members of the Carter family that she had already met and she had a feeling that this was a family wall of pictures and it was obvious good looks ran in this family.

Heavy footsteps could suddenly be heard in the distance and that was enough for Elena to step out of her hypnotised gaze, she continued to scamper down the hallways whilst absorbing her surroundings, she by no means wanted to get lost in such a large house.

Unexpectedly, she came to a sluggish stop in front of a towering mahogany door, fancy patterns etched into the delicate wood. However, it wasn't the elaborate detailing of the door that caught her attention, it was the bold letters scrawled across it – an unmistakable "No Entry," was plastered in large, crimson lettering and that had managed to intrigue her enough to stop. She had walked past many doors through her short journey in the house yet none had such a demanding sign. The door was partially open and it allowed her to see what appeared to be a normal room. Although, it was apparent that there was a hefty quantity of luminosity seeping through the room.