- c h a p t e r s e v e n -

WARNING: Some touchy subjects, like self harm.

After a while more of chatting and watching TV, Archie and Veronica decide to leave.

"Well, we've got school tomorrow, we should head home." Archie says.

It was 10pm.

"Yeah, thank you for having us Jughead." Veronica adds.

"Yup." I say.

"Betty, do you need a ride?" Archie asks.

"Um, I," Betty starts, shifting uncomfortabley, "My mom is gonna pick me up in a bit on the way home from the office, thanks though." 

"Oh, okay." Archie says.

Veronica links her arm through Archie's, "Okay, see you two tomorrow." she chirps.

They leave, closing the door behind them.

"You think they have any idea?" I whisper, just in case they could still hear us.

She shakes her head, "Not a clue."

I yawn. 

"Well, I'm worn out." I say, throwing my beanie on to the coffee table.

"Me too." she smiles, "You have anything I could wear?"

I move my head towards my room, indicating for her to follow me.

I open up my closet and take out my classic grey 'S' t-shirt.

"Ohhh, I get the privilege of wearing this?" she smirks as I hand her the shirt.

I take out my pajamas, a simple black t-shirt with red and black plaid pants.

"You're welcome." I joke.

"You can take the bed, I'll go sleep on the couch." 

"Okay." she says with a nod.

I peck her lips before saying, "Good night."

"Night, Jug." she smiles.

I leave the room, closing the door behind me. I smile to myself. 

After changing in the bathroom, I set up the couch, laying a pillow at one end and pulling the throw blanket over me. I turn off the lamp and close my eyes.

3 hours later.

I lay asleep until I feel the slight movement of my blanket. My eyes are heavy as I try to open them. I rub them, opening one eye fully as I stretch.

I see Betty bringing herself under the blanket and sits on the couch.

"Betts?" I say, a rasp in my voice. "What's wrong?"

She turns her head towards me sharply, jumping by my voice. "Oh, Jug, sorry I didn't mean to wake you up. I couldn't sleep, too much on my mind. Is it okay if I lay here with you?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah." I say, making room for her to lay down.

She lays next to me, our bodies bringing heat to each other on the small couch.

"Thanks." she says, her face away from mine.

I bring my arm around her from under the blanket, hugging her before closing my eyes again.

"You okay?" I ask quietly.

She brings my arm closer, hugging it like a teddy bear.

"Yeah."

"Okay, get some sleep." I say before drifting off.

~~~

Betty's alarm goes off at 6:00am. I instantly pull the blanket over my face, this was way earlier than my alarm, which goes off at 7:00.