- c h a p t e r t h r e e -

Jughead's POV:

Every round the wheels of my car make, the quicker my heart beats. I was finally going to ask Betty to be my girlfriend. I had meant to do it for a while.. who am I kidding, more than a while. It wasn't until today, however, that I had hope she liked me back. It could just be my "heroic" actions that made her kiss me, it could've been a one time thing, but there was only one way to find out.

I pull up into the Cooper driveway and take a deep breath before leaving my car. As I walk towards the front door I think of turning back. It would be so embarrassing if she didn't like me. Then again, Veronica was right. Betty doesn't just kiss anybody. My mind was battling with itself. 

"I can't do it." I say to my self just before knocking on the door. I turn around to walk back to my car, but the red door opens.

"Jughead!" Betty's mom beams. "What are you doing here?"

"Hi, Ms. Cooper." I smile. "I just." What do I say? "Well I'm signed out of school and everyone else is there, I had nothing to do so I figured I'd stop by, if that's okay?"

"Like I said before Jughead, you're free to come whenever you'd like! If you ever get lonely in that trailer of yours as well, you're welcome to stay here." she smiles opening the door, welcoming me in.

I step in and think to myself, it is so weird to have her like me, but I love it. Her now being fond of me meant I could see Betty more.

"Thank you so much, Ms. Cooper. And I might take you up on that offer one day." I laugh.

"Have you eaten anything?" she says.

"Yeah, I grabbed lunch from Pop's before."

"Alright, well Betty is in her room." she says.

"Thanks." I say before finding my way up the stairs.

I knock.

"Mom?"

"Sadly, no." I smirk to myself. I open the door slightly and peek my head through, making sure it was okay for me to come it.

"Jug!" Betty's face lights up. She has evidently showered, her blond hair soaked, falling on her shoulders. She is wearing pink silk shorts with a matching tank top. She starts to get off her bed, forgetting about her injury, to come towards me.

She winces as her leg touches the floor. She stands, putting her weight on only one leg.

"God, just get over here." she giggles.

I close the door behind me before walking towards her and hugging her.

"How are you holding up?" I ask.

"It's okay. I just feel useless, I can barely do anything on my own."

"Hey, at least you're getting special treatment." I say before sitting on her bed. She sits as well.

"Speaking of special treatment," she adds, "My mom loves you now. The whole way back from the hospital she kept talking about what a 'Nice boy' you are, and how much she loves you."

"That's good, right?"

"Very good." she replies, nodding.

"How about you?"

"Nothing hurts." I say, "I do, however, feel disgusting. I bet you could make a sculpture from the ashes on me."

"Well, you can go shower if you'd like?" she offers.

"Would that be awkward, to leave you here so I could shower in your bathroom." I smirk.

"I'll be okay." she says sarcastically.