- p r o l o g u e -

As I am pushed to the ground I look up to talk to Betty, my Betty.

Except she isn't, she is someone entirely different.

"Betty?" I croak.

She comes closer to me and kneels by my side on the floor. Her baby pink sweater is now splattered with my blood. 

"Betty isn't here to save you lover boy." Her nails trace my jaw before lifting it up towards her face.

I stare at her eyes, but they stare back blankly. Betty isn't in there. Not at all.

"You are  the only good person in this damned town, Jones. Maybe I should let you go?"

"Betty." I continue to say, hoping for the light to come back in her beautiful eyes.

"I said she isn't here."

I try one last thing, my last hope to bring her back. So I kiss her.

Suddenly the tense shoulders that embodied "Betty" weakened and she fell to the floor.

Her eyes are closed and her hair falls over her face. She looks up at me and I see it. The light is back.

"Jug?" she says confused.

This causes me to be confused. Does she not remember our fight?

 "Oh my god, what happened to you?" she says as she caresses the cuts on my face. I flinch slightly, afraid of what the darkness she was a moment ago. She had yet to notice that she had my blood all over her.

But it was her. Betty Cooper, my Betty. 

"Betty?" I say, to reassure myself it was really her, before embracing her in my arms.

"I'll clean you up." she says as she walks towards the sink in my small trailer. "God, who did this?"

And I want to say, 'You did' ,  but it was clear she had no clue.

"I don't know who it was." I say truthfully, because I didn't have any idea who had just taken over Betty.

A/N: ouu i hope you guys like this story because I'm so excited to write it! I have so many fun ideasss. By the way, I know this was really short but normal chapter will be much longer, don't worry. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

IMPORTANT: THIS TAKES PLACE IN THE FUTURE (A FLASH FORWARD), therefore this has yet to happen for the next few chapters until stated otherwise.