- c h a p t e r f i v e -

If you're enjoying the story PLEASE give it a vote by clicking on the star and also comment, it'll help other find me story and help me out a lot, thanks! Also sorry the last few chapters have kind of been fillers to develop the story properly, but the actual, interesting story line will come soon, I promise!

After school, Betty and I decided to go to the hospital to get a check up on Betty's leg.

"Your leg seems to have healed a lot extremely fast, Ms. Cooper." says Doctor Samuels, the same doctor from the night of the accident.

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"Well, Betty, do you want to try to walk right now? If you can without pain, I guess your good to go."

She smiles, overjoyed at the thought of getting rid of the crutches. She slowly bring her legs over to the side of the bed and places her feet on the floor. I take her hand in mine to help her up and she stands.

"How does that feel?" Dr. Samuels asks.

"Not to bad actually, a little weird since I haven't used this foot in a while but, not bad." she says nodding.

"Does it hurt?" I ask.

"No." she says happily.

I let go of her hand to try to let her walk normally herself. And she does, with ease.

"Well, Ms.Cooper, you're truly a miracle." says the doctor.

"Yeah, you are." I say.

"Thank you! This is great!" she says bouncing on her legs.

"Uh, now, slow down, I would avoid excessive use for the rest of the day, just so that it isn't a sudden impact on your legs." he adds.

"Oh, alright.'' she says, stopping.

"Well, thanks for your time Dr. Samuels." I say.

"Of course. You can find yourselves out?" 

"Yeah." Betty says.

He leaves the room and closes the door behind him. Betty looks at me and I look at her. Her face lights up and so does mine as I walk towards her and bring her into a hug. 

"Oh, Betts, this is great." I say, spinning her up in the air in our hug. "I'm so happy for you."

I put her down.

"Thanks, Jug."

"For?"

"Well, for everything. If you didn't help me out of the fire I might not have been able to walk ever again. And, you helped me a lot for the past two days where I was helpless." she responds, wrapping her arms around my neck.

I hold her waist as I say, "Of course."

She brings her lips to mine. My hands move to her face and she pushes me backwards until I'm sitting on the hospital bed, our lips still connected. She sits on my lap and we continue to kiss. I slowly let go and place a last peck. 

"Okay, come on." I say grabbing her hand and guiding her out the room.

~~

We arrive at my trailer to work on the blue and gold. Betty lays all of our investigation work across the floor.

"Okay let's make a list of anything you remember seeing in the car." she says.

"Well, for one, his Letterman jacket. Clear evidence that it was the car."

She nods as she writes it down.

"And suitcases, lots of them. That's all we got to see before the explosion."  I say as I sit down on the floor next to her.