Saving summer

Saving Summer

We headed toward his car the movie was very good, kept me laughing and thats what we both needed was a form of comfort to take our minds off. As we approached a stop light I saw bright lights coming at us speeding and not slowing down.It was pouring rain, the roads were wet. I screamed. "Jake watch out!" we swerved to miss a semi that hit a sports car head on. I didn't have to say anything, we both jumped out of the car running to their resue, "Call 911" I yelled "I'll see if they are okay." I ran over to the car, the small car was bent it looked like the Hulk smashed it like a can. My adrenaline so high that I wasn't scared. The mother the driver was , unconsious, her head was cut, and there was blood all over her. There was a young girl in the passengers seat. "Hurry Jake they are out and hurt bad! There is blood everywhere." The truck driver got out Jake ran over and told him to sit he was obviously drunk. "Stay don't move" he yelled as he ran over. "Get the door we will put it open we have to get the girl out first." we opened the door " Jake its gas" I said " It will explode we have to get them." I was going to risk my life I couldn't leave them. "Pull" the door came off we got the girl out I quickly took off my rain jacket and put it on her. Her arms were cut bad Jake took the pocket nife out of his pocket and cut a part of his shirt off and wraped it around her head to help stop the bleeding. "we have to get her head to stop bleeding, or she will bleed to death" he yelled the rain and thunder over powered most of his voice. We sat her in my car she was able to speak a little we told her to stay in my car, we ran back to get the mother. "The door won't open Carter get back" as he yanked on the door. "I am not leaving you, this thing explodes we are going down together pull" I yelled. The wind was picking up. The parametics arived. Their first prioriety was to get the mom out of the car before it exploded. We left it to them we ran back to the little girl leading the parametics to her. We could hear her crying. "Helps on its way" I yelled. The parametics we could see got the mother out. "Run" yelled the cop and right before our eyes the car exploded. The storm was getting stronger the parametics put the girl in the ambulance and told us to follow them. Thats when it became worse. The tornado sirens began going off. This was a sene from a horrible movie."We got to get to the hospital call your dad tell him we are headed to the hospital, the skys are green we wont make it home." I became a little panaky but called my dad. "The tornado hasn't touched down I am watching the weather the worst will be in about 2 hours be home." he said. I would explain to him what was happening.We ran into the hospital to see a man and his daughter.

" Are you the two who where at the sene who pulled my daughter out of the car?" the man asked. This was the Father of the young girl." Yes sir we did everything we could." Jake said. The doctor came out motioning the father I saw a young girl with him too about two years old. "We can stay with her if you want." The father headed back leaving us with the girl. "Your dress is pretty Im Carter this is Jake what's your name?" I said sitting on the ground with her. "Sophia" she said softly. "Here Sophia" I reached for a pen and piece of paper. "Do you want to draw a picture for your daddy?" I distracted her as Jake walked over to the father. Jake shook his head the mother was killed instantly, the girl would be okay. My heart sank in. "I think I speak for the both of us when I say we want to help as much as we can my mom is in this hospital right now, I will sit by her bed or be with Sophia what ever you need we are here." I said. "Please sir let us help you guys." Jake said.

The father gladly took our offer. I excused my self to the bathroom where I let loose. I broke down. These two little kids will have to grow up with out their mom, they won't remember her in any way. I am determined to be there for them whenever they need me.

I came back out the dad came to me. "Do you sleep here at night" he asked and I nodded. "Summer, is awake I need to take Sophia home to pack do you mind staying" I interrupted him" I would love too " We exchanged cell phone numbers and Jake and I headed into the room. "Hi Summer" we said. The poor girl had cuts and bruises everywhere. "Im Jake and this is Carter." we sat next to her bed. "My daddy told me you saved my life thank you." It was obvious that she was in pain and new that she had lost her mom. I looked at her wrist band and saw that she was 8. Jake and I made her laugh for several more minutes till her father returned. "Summer, Carter and I would like to be your big brother and sister is that ok?" Jake said. A big grin appeared on her face making it clear that we had helped the situation. "Thank you" the father mouthed. I gave her a hug and Jake gave her his notorious first bump and we made our way out the room. Her father had said that he would appreciate if we could come back multiple times a day, he would have Sophia with him and his family wouldn't fly in for a couple of days and after that he would still need help.