The Lunch date

"

As Christmas eve was upon us I recieved a text.

"Meet me in the garden at noon I have a suprise" Jake texted me from his car, he was released from the hospital early this morning.

To my suprise Jake sat with a picknick ready for the two of us. "I wanted to thank you for helping me with my surgery." I grined "You have helped me with my mom." I replied. It begain to snow a little.

'This is for you Carter" he reached in his pocket and pulled out neckalas with a heart around it. "It was my moms my dad gave it to her when they dated as teens I know we may not be" "thank you I love it " I said interupting him. At that moment nothing could get in our way. We locked eyes as he wispered "I cant tell you how much you mean to me and you helped keep a smile on my face." he leaned in and we kissed. Finally the sparks went off and there was no one around to cut in. After we kissed he gave me a big bear hug. "I will be by your side the whole time with your mom, just like you were with me" he said. I was fighting back the tears, I couldn't let Jake see me cry we just kissed.

"Carter!!! Carter!!" My dad yelled. "Hurry its young mom " We both ran in side thinking she had come out of the coma. Instead she had gone into cardio arrest

I stood out side the room sobbing it is Christmas eve and not only will I not be able to be with my mom but she is in pain. My grandparents and my dad stayed in the room as the doctors used the AED.Jake grabed me by the sholders and turned me around from the window so my back was to my mom so I wouldn't see how much pain she was in. As he huged me he wispered his saying of she would be ok. I don't know if it was my mom or Jake that made my heart race but at this moment I just wanted to have my mom with me for not just Christmas but forever.

I heard my dad crying in the room along with my grandparents. Dr.Reed allowed Jake and I in. Jakes hand still held mine.

As most kids during Christmas ever were asleep waiting for santa I spent it in the hospital.Jake was now reamited for a serious headache and had to have a CAT scan. "Carter..." Jakes mom said. "Jake is..in a very very mild coma nothing like you moms." she said. I almost threw up. Not only was my mom in a coma but now the guy I was falling for. Dr.Reed walked by. "Carter just curious are you and Jake a thing?" he asked. "Well sir I think so I mean with everything going on." I started but was cut offf. "Would you do something for me?" he asked. I nodded and followed him in to Jakes room where his mother, and three nurses stood. "Nurse Katie has a video camera. we would like you to sit in the bed with him, hold his hand and tell him how you feel, and then kiss him. It is an old wives tale that true love can wake at no matter what time." Dr. Reed said.

"Jake, I know I have only known you for a couple of weeks but you have helped me in so many ways." I said with tears filling my eyes. "You gave me strength when I was weak, you gave me hope when I didn't belive, Jake I am falling for you. You take my mind off of everything bad in my life. I don't know what I would do with out you. Please Jake I need you to wake up, I need you by my side, Jake I love you!" as tears fell down my cheeks I leaned in to kiss him. A couple of seconds went by then I let go. "I...Love ...YOU ..to...Carter" Jake wispered. It was unbelievable I had gotten Jake out of a coma by kissing him. The whole room in disbelief the nurses rewatching the video

I let Jake go to sleep and I made my way back to my moms room. I wish she was here. I need here , I can't stand seeing her lay hopeless in the bed. I desided to go back to the place I first met Jake, the nursery.  

Tears began to fill my eyes, to believe that I thought my mother was going to have a baby instead, a life threatning disease was going to possible take her life. As it hit 3 am I walked back to the ICU room my mom was in. My dad, and grandparents in the same position I left them in.  

I sat in the hall and quickly fell alseep.

"Long night" said a voice. I looked up to see Jake by my side. "Why are you not in a hospital bed!" I said franticaly.? " I am fine, just a little thing but I heard what you did to wake me up," he said with a grin. "Yah I just wish that I could wake my mother up." at this point my voice was dull and soft. Tears begin to fill my eyes again. I couldn't stand the thought of loosing my mom. " Carter," Jake said looking my dead in the eyes. "We will get through this, you mom will wake up, trust me, I will be by your side the whole time. I swear."