[alternate ending]

// michael //

And I let myself fall and fall and fall and

I jolted up in bed, sweat dripping down my forehead. My mind was cloudy as I looked around my room. What the hell is going on? Am I dead?

I sat up further from my bed, running my fingers through my hair. I blinked a few times before looking at the clock on my night stand. 12:07. I peeled the covers off of my body completely and stood up carefully, trying not to lose my balance.

I looked around my room carefully. Suddenly, I heard the familiar ring of my phone indicating me that I was getting a phone call. I sighed before searching my room for my phone. I finally found it tangled in my cover.

I looked at the caller ID and saw Luke's name. I furrowed my eyebrows before sliding the answer button to the left and pressing the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I asked hesitantly, my voice deep from my previous slumber.

"Michael? Where are you?" Luke asked, his voice hurried but kind. I looked around my room once again before making my way to my bathroom. Once I was in, I looked at myself in the mirror and scrunched my nose.

"Uh, my house." I replied, fixing my hair in the mirror. I heard some muffling come from the other line before I heard Luke's voice again.

"Well, what are you doing there? You were supposed to be at the restraunt 10 minutes ago." He sighed. "Jade just got here." I heard a girl's laugh, that I presumed was Jade's, mixed in with Luke's. I scrunched up my nose before actually processing what he said.

"What restaurant?" I questioned, scratching my head.

"Loco Juan's Mexican Restaurant. We've been planning this for a week, Michael." He groaned, causing a smile to appear across my face. Even though I didn't know what the hell he was talking about, but hearing his voice still made me smile.

"Oh, uh, yeah." I unlocked my phone once again and went to the calendar.

January 22, 2014.

This couldn't be. It was all a dream.

Luke and I never kissed. I never gave him concert tickets to The Killers. Ashton never hooked up with ass-less sluts. Calum wasn't a drunk. Harry the mysterious pizza man never existed.

I never killed myself.

I closed my eyes gratefully. "Yeah, of course. I'll be there in ten minutes." I sighed, relief washing over me.

"Awesome." I could hear the smile in his voice. "I-I can't wait to see you, Michael." I heard him say quietly, before hanging up. I was smiling like an idiot by now, and butterflies were having a rave in my stomach.

No, moths. Moths were more manly.

(a/n: if you know what i just referenced, you get 10 cool points)

I smiled before walking back into my room and falling onto my back. I looked up at the ceiling, my mind becoming occupied. I don't even care about what comes next. And to be honest, I'm glad it was all a dream.

(a/n: i was going to end it here, but im not that much of an asshole ayy)

-

I pulled up to the Mexican Restaurant hurriedly, not wanting to keep Luke waiting any longer. I take a deep breath before climbing out of the car. I slammed the door behind me and started to pace to the door. My heart was beating out of control and my palms were starting to sweat.