28*BOTTOM LINE

28*BOTTOM LINE

(MONDAY)

Dedication: b00kster I love her book called "Help Me" ! Go check it out? It has assassins and werewolves! (: *both of the o's in her username is zeros. *

(Not edited just like all of the rest of my chapters. :) ENJOY!)

AVERY POV

"Lucas, just take your damn shirt off already!" I hiss in frustration pulling at my hair. Why do guys have to be so irritating and stubborn? I've been trying to get him to let me see his ribs for the past twenty minutes, and he won't budge worth anything.

"You'd think you were gonna die right on the spot if you parted from of it! It's not like it's your ego!" I glare at him refusing to back to back down, and he stares right back. The difference is, I'm furious, and he is as calm as a dead freaking chihuahua.

"Avery, there isn't any point," Lucas says calmly stepping closer to me. He's looking at me with those eyes, those eyes I love so much, and giving me that specific look, that look he uses when he wants to get away with something.

"Lucas, stop! Stop looking at me like that!" I say biting on my lip trying to stop from smiling. You guys do remember I'm supposed to be furious, right?

"Looking at you like what?" he asks innocently while I back away from him.

"Like- like that," I say pointing at his face.

"Like this," he asks moving his gaze down to my lips. My breath hitches in response, and suddenly I'm not so furious anymore. My head instinctively tilts up towards Lucas as he leans in closer. I feel my eyes flutter closed as the butterflies tingle in my stomach. I feel his soft, warm lips press right beside my mouth kissing me.

His hands go to my hip and the back of my neck, tugging me closer. He makes a trail of kisses up my face to below my ear. I tangle my hands into his hair, pulling gently in his hair. One of my hands make their way to his cheek trying to pull his lips back to mine, and I hear him chuckle. I sigh and pull back to look at him.

"You're such a tease," I mumble with a small smile. He brushes a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"I don't want our first kiss to be in this jail cell," he says brushing is thumb across my bottom lip.

"What if we don't make it out of here?" I whisper to him, but before he can answer me, the door swings open for the first time since we were shoved in here. I stumble towards Lucas, and together we push against the far wall away from the door. The door opens slowly and in steps, who would've guessed, Fake Banks.

"Well hello, Avery Lee. Surprise surprise, yeah? I'm guessing you figured out I'm not actually Officer Banks?" He chuckles as if he's amusing himself. When he sees me half behind Lucas, he continues. "I see your still the same guilty, coward, little girl."

I clench my jaw as tears prick my vision. It's almost like I'm a little girl again. The same hateful, brown eyes staring down at me just like they used to. I feel myself closing in, putting up all of my walls. All of the horrible things he brain washed me with come back to the surface, all the things that I've worked to keep buried.

I brush my cheek up against Lucas's shoulder for comfort as backs closer to me. Lucas wasn't with me when I was little. I have to remember that. Lucas is going to be the reason in the end that I'm still sane and safe.

"Well there is someone I would like you to meet," he says stepping to the side. There is a man behind him. I feel my anger flair when I recognize him as the man who was kicking Lucas in the ribs. I grow bolder with my anger and step forward positioning myself beside Lucas holding his hand.