7*MY FAIRY GOD MOTHER

7* MY FAIRY GOD MOTHER (TUESDAY)

*DEDICATED TO chicksread!!! Thanks for the support girl!!!******

"Um," I say remembering that the last time a guy gave me a ride, I ended up in the woods unconscious, "When you get to the gate, your gonna want to turn left. I guess I'll give you directions as we go." I play with my fingers as I look out the window.

"Alright," he says putting the truck in reverse and backs out the parking space. There's a nervous silence to the the car and neither one of us breaks until Jake gets the nerve. "You know I'm actually going to take you to your house right? I'm not going to be a, for lack of a better word, dumb ass like that other guy was."

"Well that's good to know," I say then after a few more minutes of silence decide to ask what's on my mind. "Hey Jake?"

"Yeah?" he answers reaching a stop sign. I answer his questioning by motioning for him to keep going straight.

"How did you find me in the woods the other night?" I ask him.

"My dad, Officer Banks, he got a called in for a search. I decided to help and just got lucky, I guess," he says looking straight forward. "Can I ask you a question?"

"If you were taught how, I guess you might as well," I tell Jake looking out at the road.

"Who was the phone call from?" He asks.

"Just some bad news. My fairy god mother called and told me she decided to quit. It was really quite depressing. No more unicorn rides for me," I tell him not wanting to give him the real answer.

"Avery-," he tries to press the question farther, but interrupt him.

"Turn left. Did you happen to see anyone else in the woods besides me?" I ask wondering if he happened to see any of the men that attacked me. I doubt it but figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

"No. I just saw you and the other people on the search," he answers. I wonder what I'm going to tell Jack for the reason why I'm home so early. Kylie was going to take me home since the last time I tried to get Jack to pick me up he "forgot." Yeah right. Jack won't know I'm out of school early until I get home.

"Thanks for letting me not land on my face earlier," I tell Jake.

"Anytime," he says looking over at me. If it would have been any other guy the probably would've winked. I tell him to make another left where we find my driveway on the left five minutes later.

"And thanks for the ride," I tell him.

"Of course," he says putting the car in park, "anything to get out of school. "

"Okay then," I say giving him a little smile and nod before opening the car door. I almost manage to get on foot on the road, but I'm stopped by a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, I was thinking," Jake starts pulling out his phone, "can I have your number?" I just look at him for a second. I might as well, I mean, it's just a phone number.

"Uh sure." I take out my phone and switch it with his. After we have each others numbers I slide out the car and turn back to Jake. "Thanks again for the ride."

"No problem. If you ever need anything, call me, yeah?" He says putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Yeah sure." I close the door and head up the steps to the house. Okay, so maybe he isn't so bad. Maybe I like him better then I was willing to admit earlier. Maybe I was over reacting a lot about how he was taking advantage of rescuing me and stuff at lunch.

I open the the door and head up the stairs to up to my room. I set my bags on my desk and head out to the bathroom. When I get back to my room I find Jack sitting on the edge of the bed.

His eyes are blood shot and he is rubbing his fists together. I freeze in the door way and cautiously wait for Jack to start whatever he is here to start.

"You aren't supposed to be here," his voice slurs, "I've never wanted you here. I never seem to be able to get rid of you. I've tried. I guess next time I'll just have to do it myself." Wait what? Where is this coming from? I know he doesn't like me, but he hasn't ever really tried that hard to get rid of me. He stands up off the bed and steps up to me.

"Your such a disappointment. The only thing you're good at is surviving. I don't know how you stand it, but you do," Jack says now with only two feet between us. My hands are shaking and I clench them in fist in attempt to prepare myself. He brushes the back of his hand a long my cheek with his paralyzing touch. Then, somehow, he places his beer on my shelf and pulls out something metal. When it catches the light I see what it is. Oh no. He wouldn't, would he?

I turn to run, but he kicks me in the back I fall on my hands and knees right by the rail of the stairs. He puts his foot in my back once more and pushes me all the way down to where my face slaps the hard wood floor. I yelp out when he kicks me in my still recovering ribs flipping me to my back. He kneels down on top of me digging his knee in to my diaphragm and places one hand under my chin to hold me down.

I push on his chest with my free hands, but he doesn't budge. He is to strong and no match for a teenage girl who is a hundred pounds lighter then him. He grazes his knife on my neck and keeps it there watching me squirm.

"Please, Jack, don't. Leave me -" I gasp at the hardened pressure the blade puts on my neck but only for a second. He takes the blade away and laughs at me.

"I'm not going to kill you. What's the fun in just killing you like this? You see-," but I don't let him finish. That's when I see my opening. He leans back and I bring my leg up and connect it with his chest. He falls back.

"Shit," he curses standing up and puts his hand to his lips. There is I line of blood coming from his hand where the knife cut it when he fell backwards. I scramble up and edge myself to the stairs, my back pressed against the railing. "That wasn't very nice."

I reach the opening to the stairs and scramble down them. I reach the middle of them when he kicks me in the back again. I roll the rest of the way down the stairs landing on my back on the cold tile. He gets a scream out of me when he pulls me up by my hair. He cuts a gash in my shoulder causing blood to make its way down to my finger tips.

"That's for all of those unnecessary hospital fees," he says and then punches me in the face. My knees buckle, but he holds me up to finish his speech. My vision is spotted with black and I see the headlights of Keith's best friend's brother giving him a ride home over Jack's shoulder. "Get cleaned up, don't let him see you like his, stay in your room, you won't be having any dinner this evening, and sleep with one eye open sweetie." He finishes with a smile in his face and drops me. I fall to my knees and scramble up the stairs.

"Avery!" He says grabbing my attention, "you should know to look where you're going down the stairs. Next time it might be worse when you fall down them."

********COMMENTS? CONCERNS? LIKE IT? :)****************