27*BLOODY ELEPHANT

27*BLOODY ELEPHANT (SUNDAY)

Dedication: __theoutsiders__
This girl is AWESOME!! Check out her stories?? (:

RECAP...
-present time-

I remember taking Jordan up on that offer a month later, and he ended up giving me a gun. A month after that? He tells me about Avery, and now here we are, both Avery and I, in the hands of Fake Banks men. They put us in a locked bathroom. There isn't a window out.

Ree and I have been stuck in here for a whole night now. My body is starting to numb, but I think all of it has just fallen asleep. I'm lying on the cold hard floor, and Avery is by my side. She's still asleep with her hand gently placed in my chest. I love being so closed to her. She's so peaceful. It's hard to believe anyone would want her dead.

Knock knock knock.

I can't help but notice it's almost like three years ago, but this time the door opens.

"Hello Samuel. I can't say I'm pleased to see you again."

---

I glare at the man in front of me. The man who abandoned my family because it was to boring for him. I push myself clumsily to my feet positioning myself in front of Avery while relatively feeling the horrid pain in my sides in the back of my mind. No matter my effort, I have to keep an arm around my stomach to make it feel like my Avery is top priority. What's second priority? Putting a stop to the people who want her dead is second priority. I'm somewhere in the teens.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

JAKE POV

"Cole, it's time. Shoot the elephant already," I tell Cole. It's already Sunday and he still hasn't told me what was so important. The fucking elephant's been following us around all weekend-figuratively of course.

"I don't have an elephant, Jake. You didn't tell me you were delirious," Cole replies throwing a piece of popcorn at my head. We're sprawled out in the living room of his apartment watching the lamest horror movie ever.

"I guess that's where hanging out with you gets me," I reply taking the piece if popcorn off of the carpet and eating it. What? I ran out like ten minutes ago.

"Ha...That was so funny... Almost as funny as how boring this movie is. Seriously Jake? Next time, I pick the horror movie," he says closing his eyes with a sigh as if the movie is phish ally painful to watch.

"Dude, no changing the subject."

"Fine. You better make sure you take your ass out of your mouth, or you might choke on it," he says still prolonging what he has to say. Wow. It must be really bad. Cole never avoids stuff like this. He usually gets it all out there as fast as possible.

"I think I'm safe. Whatever you have to say can't be that bad."

"Are you sure because you're still talking shit."

"Just get it out already."

"That's what sh-."

"Cole!"

"Fine! You know how Avery was attacked," he begins.

"Yeah. I'm the one who carried her out of the woods."

"Well the men who attacked her worked for a man. That man wanted and still wants Avery dead," he continues turning the tv off. "You know how I "went to target" yesterday? Well I was actually answering a distress call. This time both Avery and Lucas were captured. I was trying to get them back."