25*ILLUSIVELY

25*ILLUSIVELY (FRIDAY)

Dedication: TaintedRain

* I absolutely love your book playing therapist and literally just finished it! :) such a great ending!*

*****IM SO SIKED!!! I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I SPELLED THAT RIGHT??? LOL. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I REACHED 2K AND I REALLY JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS TO EVERYONE SO SO SO SO MUCH!! :)*****

Recap:

Not but two seconds later I hear a knock at the door. "Who is it?" I calm not taking one step to open it. No one answers. I have a feeling it's Jack.

"Sweetie, you know who it is," he says confirming my thoughts. I'm so not opening that door. If anything happens, I know my escape route. I have a ladder nailed to the side of the house below my window that I had my mom get me in case there was a fire. I figured it may come in handy one day.

"Sweetie, open the door now!" Jack yells warningly. This isn't going to be good. I don't answer him. I don't make one step towards the door. The next thing I know there is a loud snap as the door knob snaps off the door and to the ground. In steps Jack.

***

I run towards the window that is conveniently always open, but look down to see the ladder wasn't there. Oh crap.

"What?" Jack asks stepping into the door way. "Sweetie were you looking for something? I forgot to tell you that I took that fucking ladder down when you started sneaking around with that shitty boy of yours."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

JAKE POV

Maxwell is just now back from what it seems to be a long evening at the station. He breaks the silence of his departure first with the slam of his car door. He then yells at I'm guessing his phone before slamming the front door shut and stomping to his room where he slams the door shit also. He's pissed and is having a freaking temper tantrum. What is he, three?

I'm just finishing my work out for the day when my phone rings. I answer it to find Cole, my best friend, on the other end of the line. I met him at the camp I was sent to for two years when I was fourteen. We've stayed in touch ever since we met, which actually included throwing punches at each other.

"Hey man, what's up?" I answer and head to the bathroom for a shower.

"Hey Jake. I'm in town, as in Scooba, and we need to talk."

"Really? You're in Scooba? That's legit, man. When'd you get her?"

"I haven't been here long. But seriously Jake, I need to talk to you about something."

"Alright, well, what's up?" I'm surprised to find that Cole is in Scooba. We've never really talked about getting together to hang out in the future after camp, but I guess we'll get the chance after all.

"Not over the phone. We need to talk in person. You wanna just pack a bag and come hang out with me for the weekend?"

"Like right now?" I wonder what's so urgent as I throw my shirt off into the dirty hamper. I miss and have to bend down to pick it up to come right up close to the black shirt I had on last night, last night when I saw her:

Avery. I helped those son of a b**ches practically abduct her in the middle of the night. We took her right out of bed. If only I wasn't so stupid after my mom passed. After she died from cancer. It was so slow, and, for my whole life, she was all I had. Then they decided to contact my so called father. I hated him. The only reason I put up with him is so I won't be sent to social services. He's the only "family" I have left. That's wrong though. Cole's my family.