2

H A V E N

H A V E N

A GENTLE breeze blew the hair out of my face as we walked through the market towards the boutique, in no way did I want to go but I knew my mom would be upset if I didn't get a dress.

"I'm so excited!" She squeals, was that a thing that was passed from my ancestors? Because my sisters and mother seemed to do it quite often. My sisters skip in excitement to get a dress and I just roll my eyes.

Before entering the boutique I knew I needed a couple minutes to prepare myself, "Go in without me, I'll be in there in a couple minutes." I say and my mom nods, I take in a deep breath and the cold air nips at my lungs, I stand there for a couple moments and gaze at the busy street.

"Kill them." I hear someone say and I look over to see a man with his back to me, he stood at an extremely tall height, towering over myself, even taller than my dad. He was extremely well built and you could see his muscles ripple under his baggy sweater and sweatpants. Looks to me he's trying to hide, my gaze turns to small women and her child cowering in fear next to him. A few well-built men surrounded them and they were dressed in black suits, I looked back at the man to see him running a hand through his hair, but I couldn't see his face.

I step forward to see one of the suited men pull out a dagger, I raced forward and started making a ruckus. "Excuse me? Who do you think you are! Trying to hurt women is a crime, and I suggest you leave these two alone before I have to step in." I growl and the men all pause, the man in sweats with the amazing body tenses and turns around. Steel blue clashes with silver as our eyes meet, they are the most beautiful blue I have ever seen. I take a moment to look at his face, a sharp jawline and long eyelashes as well as the fact that not just his body but his face looked like it was sculpted by the God's above. And don't get me started on his perfectly ruffled midnight black hair.

The man looks slightly familiar but I can't place his face, I step back to break eye contact and he growls slightly. He then stalks off leaving the men scampering on after him, the women and child hug me and thank me before scurrying off.

I furrow my eyebrows at the way the man made me feel, I turn around and walk back to the boutique with a puzzled expression on my face.

🌼🌼🌼

yes, I am aware my chapter is really short but it keeps me creative and actually wanting to continue.

bc, when I write long chapters it makes me lose inspiration Idk why.