33

H A V E N

A smile plays on my lips as I look into the distance at the midnight black wolf that is tackling a smaller grey wolf, their limbs are flailing and small growls fill the air. I had been in our room when I decided I needed air and stepped onto the balcony to see Griffin and Hades playfully fighting.

A sneeze escapes me and suddenly the wolves froze and looked up at me, Griffin's dark figure seemed to lighten at the sight of me as he began happily prancing towards me, Hades following quickly behind.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask and I know because of his wolf he can hear me from where he is. He lies on the ground and Hades follows, he looks like he's almost bowing at me.

I get up and leave the balcony, before I turned to leave I saw his head tilt to the side, signaling he was confused as to why I was leaving. I slowly made my way downstairs and out the back grand doors, my bare feet touched the cold grass and I shivered.

Suddenly I was face to face with my mate and I smiled. He moved closer, rubbing his body against mine almost knocking me down and I laughed. My hand ran through his course fur and I breathed in his scent as Hades moved closer, his eyes lazily glanced over me as his tongue lolled to the side. He came over and Griffin growled, warning him to stay back and Hades' gaze shot towards him, his eyes annoyed. 

I hit Griffin gently and moved closer to Hades but suddenly I was being pulled back by my dress, Griffin's jaw was around the fabric, dragging me back to him. "Hey." I glare at him and he grumbles a noise under his breath but doesn't let go. I pull at my dress, tugging on the fabric to try and get away from his strong grip. 

"Griffin," I growl, and suddenly yank the dress. I fly towards Hades and we both grunt as my body slams into his. "What the fuck?" I yelp. Where did that strength come from?

Griffin's wolf comes running over, whimpering. I dust off my dress and Hades steads me onto my feet after picking me up off the ground. "Thanks, I'm okay," I say to calm them both, Griffin jerks towards Hades and before I can say anything, bites at his ankle.

Hades yelps and turns around to snap at Griffin, "What are you doing?! He didn't even do anything." I say and he moves back towards me, shielding me with his body. I roll my eyes and begin walking back inside, annoyed the playful mood was ruined. I hold my stomach because I don't feel great as I make my way to the library, quickly making a stop at the kitchen where one of the cooks asks me what I needed. I ask for a tea and once I had it I walked up towards the library, excited to go and read. 

Before I get the chance to though, I gasp in pain. A sharp needle-like ache shoots through my abdomen and I cry out this time, the teacup falling from my hands. Tears pricked my eyes as I started to register what might be happening right now plus the searing pain in my stomach area, I'm suddenly on the ground feeling half awake and half asleep but in pain. I grasp my stomach, trying to make the pain go away, but it won't, I feel like I'm being consumed by it, I can't escape, I can't breathe, I cant-

"Haven!" Him. His voice soothes some of the blinding pain, some of my suffering. I gasp out his name and close my eyes that are completely glazed over with tears at this point. And next thing I know I'm in Griffin's bed again, a cool towel placed over my forehead with puffy, swollen eyes and an aching stomach. 

I look around the room and see Griffin and Hades sitting on either side of the bed, both their heads laid on top of the comforter I was under. I cough, my throat burning and Griffin's head shoots up and he quickly hands me a cup of water which I drink greedily. 

"Haven.." I look up to see a pained expression on his face, what looks like tears in the corners of his eyes and suddenly I'm not worried about my dry throat anymore. 

"Is.." I say but that's all I can manage before he nods and takes my hand in his. Tears stain my cheeks, yes, the pup wasn't planned but it was my pup. Anger builds within me, but I breathe out and ask, "How?"

"A complication, nothing to do with what happened today but.. maybe if I hadn't- maybe-" He holds back a soft cry and I hold his hand tightly, pulling him to me so he's now lying next to me. 

"It wasn't our fault." I kiss his head and we just sit there holding each other. Mourning the loss of our unborn pup. 

'''

Uh, sorry yall 🧍I'm back from the dead but the pup isn't. Too soon, sorry :L

ANyway, update finally so wooooooo.

Check out my social media and email! You can follow or send me book covers or just talk to me!
Twitter: jaidaaz
Email: writingjaida@gmail.com
tiktok: jaidawrites

Happy reading.