Tempting

Cross Academy became one heck of a hell hole for me.

Quiet months have passed after the incident. The incident when she left. She and the rest of the bloodsuckers who went to this academy lived far as possible from here with her non-related brother.

Do I miss her? I try not to, although Yuuki's presence still lingers on school grounds and I can't deny that it hurts me still, or I can't help to ignore it.

Nothing has changed after they left, just only my hatred toward vampires grew even more.

Until one day...

I begin to wake up from the broad light shining in through my room as I desperately cringe my eyes to adjust the brightness. Birds chirping as light shines through my black curtains, feeling as cold as ever. I snap my lilac eyes wide open as my vision begin to blur, vaguely looking around my dull room.

But somehow today feels a little abnormal.

An itch caught into my throat, feeling hopelessly dry and my tongue beginning to shrink. But my eyes widen at this new feeling scratching my mouth.

Again...?! This has happened before.

I was starving. But for some reason, I was hungry for blood more than I ever should.

I've been taking blood tablets now to soothe the horrific feeling in me, but somehow it only drives it worse. In which case, it's like drinking salt water, it will only tame it temporarily but I am aware of wanting more.

I jolted from my laying position as I felt my hand shot up to my chest. Groaning and panting, I can feel my keen fangs beginning to grow and poking out from my lips.

Desperately stumbling out of bed, the thin blanket wrap around my knees as I feel my shirtless self hit against the hard wood floor. And I only remain there to catch my breath.

What is this sudden reaction? I question. I was sure I ate enough of blood tablets to make myself ease down a bit, but it didn't seem enough for my thirst.

Why is this happening? Right now?

*~*~*

"Zero-kun...?"

The familiar voice rang through my aching head. I finally realize my form is in a lonely barn with peaceful horses laying beside me.

I blinked once and then twice, turning my body around and see her best friend standing at the entrance.

"Wakaba," I said flatly, "what are you doing here?"

The short haired girl took a few step forward, kicking small twigs of hair under her feet. "You're still skipping class?"

Of course, I have been doing that for some time now. It's either too tiresome or too nostalgic for me to sit in class all day and stare at the empty chair where she used to take long naps during lectures.

I continue to make a scowl at her, turning my back on her from my laying position.

"You didn't answer my question," she sounded irritated.

I grew impatient. "What are you doing here?"

Lowering her dark eyes, she muttered quietly. "Checking if you still remember her."

*~*~*

"I'm sorry, chairman...," whispered a girl, bowing her very low until her head meets the table. "I promise I will never do it again."

"Ayyyee!!" the irritated Kaien held his clutched fist before him. "Food fights are such a habit to you teenagers! What's next? Swirlies and atomic wedgies?!"He continues to shout. "This academy is becoming too much of a regular high school in those old movies I watched when I was a kid."