Face to Face

"Yuka-chan!" She snapped out of her thoughts when a voice beside her called her name. Yuka turned to see a concern Sayori staring at her with wondering eyes. "Y-Yeah?" She asked.

"You've been spacing out again," she answered. "Are you sure you're not getting enough sleep? Or perhaps you're not eating a lot?"

Yuka didn't realized she was in a daze which caught her off guard, but she shook her head and hummed, smiling. "No, I'm fine. I'm just tired, that's all," she simply laughed.

"Tired from what?" Sayori pestered. She can be as keen as a knife that Yuka has to be more cautious about. She wonders if Sayori know anything about vampires existing.

"Um! The class lectures get very long and boring," Yuka replied quickly and she began to sweat if her classmate will take that. Indeed, she did.

"Yeah.. It seems like the hour is going by slow, I agree." As she was packing up and straightening her papers, the blue eyed girl sigh in relief under her breath. Sayori took another glance at her before taking off. "Well, if you need anything, Yuka, I will be here to help."

"Okay." Lowering her eyes, Yuka frowned after her friend leaving the room with the rest of the students. She felt her chest fall and her head settling.

It's been a few days since Yuka last saw Zero at the fountain in the middle of the courtyard, the moment when he sunk his fangs into her and drank her blood. While those few days, he hasn't shown up once in class, or shown up anywhere in general; like he disappeared all of a sudden.

It wasn't much a surprise to everyone, even the teacher, why Zero hasn't been coming to school since that was already a habit before Yuka came to the academy. But for some reason, his absences are somewhat different this time. And it had to deal with her.

Touching the soft band aid on her neck, Yuka can still feel the two holes baring her skin as it throbbed painfully by the light pressure from her fingers.

Should this even matter to her?

*~*~*

Alone. In my bedroom, dark and alone, I sat motionlessly against the wall only in pants and shoes; the same ones I wore that night when I drank Yuka's blood. Everything else was discarded off of me because the image of her blood itself disgusts me in a way that I can't contain myself.

I haven't left out of this room once, not after that incident. The last time I've done this was the time I loathed myself for becoming a vampire - that I tasted Yuki's blood.

My hand pressed against my forehead, not in pain but in guilt just by the thought of it. It truly sickens me.

A faint sound came knocking on my door as. looked up.

"Zero? It's me." It was Kaien's voice speaking behind my door but I didn't bother to open it. Instead, I let him talk. "You've been locked in there for a few days now. Isn't it time to come out now and get some fresh air?"

I paused.

"I take that as a no then," he said light heartedly but then I can hear his tone getting serious. "But Zero, you do know that you're going to come out sooner or later. You're not going to isolate yourself forever."

That has to be joke, although it is true.

"Just try me," I lowly replied, and I can imagine Kaien sighing behind my door. Geez... Just leave me alone already.

"Well, I understand what you are doing," he explained. "But I have a message from our Yuka." My head flinched by that. What does she have to say to me that's so important? And what does he mean by our Yuka? He continued. "She said she forgives you."

I felt my head stopped spinning and the world stopped revolving around me. It makes me question now; how does she even feel right now? What is she even doing to go on after that incident? It's actually starting to scare me of what's coming next from her as it's taking me back months ago with the small brunette girl who left me.

"Did you hear what I said?" he asked again. I can't help to believe that kind of outcome by Yuka. Honestly, I knew it was going to be harder for me to avoid her, doing the things I've always done from the beginning.

No matter how much I try to seclude myself, there's a way for her to get to me. And that is her blood.

*~*~*

"Oh Yuka. What brings you at this hour?" Standing in front of the headmaster's door, it's still daylight for Yuka to arrive at a place like this, even though school session is still occurring.

"Sorry, sir... But I'm just wondering if Zero is here," she spoke honestly. Realizing her words, Kaien just sighed abruptly by her meddling.

"Yuka, I believe you should give him some space right now. It's still too soon to confront him," he explained.

"No, I'm not here for that," then she watched him quirk a brow at her in bewilderment. Looking down, her blue eyes softened. "I just... I just want to talk to him."

"I don't think he's in the mood of talking, especially with you," he told her. "You see... Zero locked himself in his room for a few days now, and I don't think he can step outside; even if you requested him to."

"I see, but I'm not actually asking for much, headmaster. I know it's been a few days, but I think it's enough for him to comprehend what's going on... I just to want to hear from him about what's coming to me."

Determined by this decision, Yuka knows she's at risk if she surround herself with Zero. The fact that he is a vampire, one that craves for her blood. She needed answers.

Just speaking to him face to face, only this once, can make her pondering go away.

"If you're so sure of yourself, then I will allow you to. But please be careful, you know how Zero is. He's unstable like always," Kaien warned. Stepping aside from the doorway, it signaled Yuka to enter his lovely home once again.