Realization

Yuka's body froze once she saw keen fangs draw out of the woman's teeth. Quivering in fear with a hand over her mouth, she's shocked to see myths are now true to her.

The woman stood there, mouth-watering as her own saliva stretched between her teeth when she hissed ferociously at her. Yuka began to sprint away from the woman who kicked off the ground and jumped to building to building, chasing after her.

Yuka began to gasp for air, kicking herself to sprint faster to escape from the vampire. But the woman was already close behind her, almost lunging at the school girl and touching her long hair, which caused Yuka to run for her life.

She sprinted pass old buildings, finally entering through one that looks like an abandoned church.

All she did was run, finally coming towards the end of the hall but a locked door stopped her. Her heart quickened its pace as she desperately break through the hinges of the door. She looked back, only to hear crashing and hissing from the beast who is seeking her.

Yuka tried her best to remain quiet while creeping up the corner and peeking around the walls. It was too soon when another pair of white, misty eyes met hers. Gasping, she fallen on her back in shock by the abrupt closeness and fright.

She couldn't believe it; a vampire standing in front of her. There's nothing she can do to outrun it.

The pale woman raised her hand with large fangs drawn out from her gums, ready to sink her teeth through the girl's neck. Once Yuka shuts her eyes, she had lost hope in staying alive and let Death awaits her. Not when a sudden bullet drilled through the woman's shoulder, letting a horrifying cry of pain seeped through her body.

Yuka turned to see the culprit who fired the weapon, but none other to see a silver haired boy with his finger on the bloody rose's trigger.

*~*~*

"Zero!" I heard Yuka cry as I continued glaring daggers at the pale woman who tries to come slowly towards me. By a sheer glance at her, this woman has already lost her humanity, a full Level E.

I scoffed angrily and fired multiple shots at the vampire's body, then blown a head shot right through her skull. A second later, an explosion occurred as dust particles appeared in the air, making a pile of ashes resting on the floor.

As the atmosphere grew quiet, I lowered my gun and gave a cold stare at Yuka who looked at me in misbelief. And with that scared look upon her sweet face, I knew there was nothing else to say. There's no point of telling her that everything is going to be fine.

Although I'm a bit surprised. She's just sitting there with shrunken eyes, gasping little breaths. This made me thought about what Kaien had said, whether if she's going to accept the fact that vampires exist, or if she's going to fully reject me and erase her memory completely. This is Yuka, tainted by this cruel world.

Then I stopped my train of thought, seeing Yuka is now on her two feet with a blank expression. Her mouth still gapes, staring at my lilac eyes with a questioning look. Once she took a step forward, she stopped when I made a dramatic step back.

"Don't...!" I warned, staring at her as if she's the one who's dangerous. Yuka remained silent as she looked fully concern about my strange demeanor. I tried to calm myself down before regaining my strength to talk to her. I realized how madly hungry I am, but I forced myself to at least tame it for the sake of her life. It was too hard for me to bear.

"This is how far you'll be when we head back to the school," I strictly ordered. That's right. She needs to be at least ten feet behind me when we walk.

For being her usual obedient self, she did stay ten feet behind me, now that the two of us had found the crowd again. I can feel Yuka's round eyes are fixed on my back from a distant away. It makes me question about her thoughts right now. From the way he's behaving, she doesn't seem like she's afraid.