What About Now?: 30.

If anyone forgets, Leidy is Hanna's twin. She'd been goen most of the book, I apologise, but she returns here. This book in now offically OVER. *happy dance*

               If someone made me look back on this moment in ten years’ time and asked me if I’d ever regret this, then right now I wouldn’t know what to say. But now I was off the bus, with my bag of groceries and it was pulling away, I didn’t care.

                I didn’t care about the pouring rain.

                I didn’t care about the rush of people trying to get shelter from the rain.

                I didn’t care about the fact that the next bus would be in an hour’s time.

                I only cared about Hanna’s eyes, staring straight at me.

                I was like a moth attracted to a light, or a naked flame. Being around her I was sure to get burned, but I couldn’t help it.

                My anger was subsiding  and I didn’t move as the water ran down from my hair to my neck, dripping down the warm skin of my spine. Neither did Hanna as it dripped off her long eyelashes that were down casted to the ground.

                I wanted her to look at me, but I knew she wouldn’t because I was angry at her.

                Was I really that angry anymore though?

                I figured that she might have told me, I understood why she wouldn’t have told me and if I were still angry – really angry – at her then I would have just turned my head and let the bus leave.

                But I couldn’t move on.

                Not from Hanna, because we’d been through so much together and all that time apart, I’d wish I could see her face. Even now, when we could possibly be over for good because of a huge impact that change both of our feelings, she was still haunting me. She was still in my dreams, she was still in my mind – heck, I believed and sometimes hoped that every woman with blonde hair was her – and she was even in my class. I couldn’t escape the girl I loved even if I tried.

                I dropped my groceries on the floor, cans flying everywhere causing a large noise to interrupt life and the hammering sound of the rain and Hanna looked up.

                Right at me.

                And I completely ignored everyone else that was walking by, looking at me funny because I had a five o’clock shadow, was in a hoodie and a scruffy pair of jeans with flip flops in the pouring rain staring at a girl with damp hair, ice blue eyes and a similar outfit.

                Hanna.

                I tried to say her name but nothing came out, and just as I was about to clear my throat, something different stopped me.

                This time it was because a hair of short, spikey red hair stopped me from talking.

                Now, a different pair of icy eyes were staring at me.

                Leidy’s eyes.

                She squinted in the rain. “Alexander?”

                I nodded.

                “What’re you doing here?”