What About Now?: 13.

I apologise but the life of teenagers isn't all glamourous and I do not want things to be upsetting for readers in this chapter, I tried to keep it as thin as possible but some kids really do struggle and Alex needs to see that. Enjoy!

~~~~

                "Where's Mrs. Lea?"

                I looked up. Adapting to the change of the normal cream walls of my room to the bright White walls of this office, I wasn't used to it. Pamphlets were everywhere, covering areas that would usually be piled high with papers to mark. A filing cabinet that was by the door now had an arm slung over it. I looked up to see a guy with jet black hair that flicked around his ears and was just above his brown eyes.

                "Hello." I replied. "Can I help you?"

                "You can tell me where Mrs. Lea is." he snapped.

                I wanted to grit my teeth, tell him that he should learn some manners but teachers had no rights to discipline anymore. "On Maternity leave. Everyone was noticed via an email that I would--"

                "I don't check my emails."

                "Then you must be Oliver." I sighed. "I have a letter here for you from Mrs. Lea herself. She left it on her desk yesterday."

                "Did you read it?" he said quickly, standing straight and removing his arm.

                I shook my head. "No. I have a feeling you want to talk only with Mrs. Lea. It wasn't addressed to me, therefore I didn't open it."

                His face softened for a split second before he frowned again and his jaw hardened. "When will she be back?"

                "In nine months."

                "Nine months?" he growled. "How long does it take to have a baby."

                "A long time." I replied. "In the meantime, though, I am available if you need me."

                "No thanks--"

                Three raps on the door stopped him from continuing his conversation. I looked at him for a moment before he turned his head. Then, shaking my own, I stared at the door. "I think if there is nothing I can do for you, and you have the letter, then there is nothing more to say, Oliver."

                "Sure."

                "I'm here if you change your mind."

                "Whatever." he muttered, turning towards the door. He stormed out, a grimace on his face. Left behind, looking at me was a young girl. She was small and her arm, which she held up, cradling her elbow, was very bony. Her light blue eyes were widened and her mouth was shaped to show she was shocked.

                “Oh.”

                “Let me guess.” I chuckled. “You didn’t get the email too?”

                “No.” she smiled meekly for a moment before stepping inside. “I did. I just didn’t realise this place would be open so quickly.”

                “I want to help the children. Please,” I replied, standing up and gesturing towards the empty chair on the other side, “if there is any way that I can help you; I would like to.”