4 | Falling for Logan Prescott

Logan pulled away from me, chest heaving and eyes clouded with lust. 

"Are you okay, Love?"

His voice was low and husky it brought my body to life like a jolt of electricity straight to the heart. It wasn't until the words left his mouth that I realized I was physically shaking. My breathing matched his as I tried to find my voice. As he supported himself on one arm he allowed his other hand to comb through my dark tresses that were fanned out on the cushion behind me. 

"Talk to me," he rasped, his eyes boring as he continued to play with my hair. 

"It's embarrassing,"

"Try me," Logan's eyes were solely focused on me, but my eyes were focused on anything and everything but him.

My little "secret" – if I could even call it that – wasn't necessarily embarrassing, but he would definitely be shocked when I tell him that I'm almost twenty-five years old and still a virgin. 

As I open my mouth to tell him, I notice my hands trembling and I ball my hands into fists and clutch onto the fabric of his shirt. Just do it, I think to myself. 

"I'm a virgin." The words rush out of my mouth like uncontrollable word vomit.

After the words left my mouth, Logan's face remained unchanging. "That's it?"

I watched his lips slowly curl into a smile. Not knowing how to react to Logan's reaction, I shrug my shoulders and meekly say, "I guess so."

"You truly are one-of-a-kind, Bailey."

I feel his hand come down to cup my cheek and I immediately feel myself reacting to his touch. 

"If you think that you being a virgin makes me look at you any differently, than you are truly insane." When I least expect it, Logan's arm wraps around my waist as he rolls onto his back so that I was now lying flush against him. "I knew you were different when I first saw you at my parents' party a week ago." You may not believe me, but trust me when I say that all the physical stuff doesn't matter. I had several past relationships just built on sex –"

"Oh awesome," 

He chuckled. "Just hear me out," he continued. "I want to get to know you more on an emotional and spiritual level before all the physical stuff."

I sit up on him, looking down into his sparkling blue eyes. "Are you even real?" Surely he can't be this accepting and understanding of the fact he's probably not going to be getting laid in the next few months – possibly more. "You have no idea what you're signing up for." I say as his hands move from my hips to grasp both my hands that were firmly planted on hi muscular chest. 

"I hate to break it to you, Love, but I love an adventure. "Logan brings one of his hands up to his mouth and places a kiss on the back of one of my hands.

"So in the meantime –"

Logan presses a kiss to my other hand. "In the meantime, I like to cuddle, but I only have one condition."

"I'm almost scared to ask what that condition is." 

His signature smirk pulls at his lips as he says, " I get to be the big spoon."

My head falls back in laughter as I feel Logan sit up while still underneath me. His five o'clock shadow scratches against the skin of my neck making me squirm in his arms. 

"Logan, stop I'm ticklish!" I shriek before his arms tightly engulf me in his embrace.

"Are you tired?" he asks, slowly beginning to stand up with me still in his arms.