9 | Time Cut Short with Logan Prescott

A low moan escapes my lips feeling the warmth from the sun light leaking through the blinds and onto my face. Rolling over onto my side, I try to get comfortable before Logan's arms wrap around my waist pulling me back until I was pressed flush against his body.

"Hmm," he moans in my ear. "Good morning, Love."

"Morning," I yawn, snuggling deeper into his embrace.

"How'd you sleep?" he quietly asks, his voice still raspy with sleep.

"Great," I smile turning around so that we were now lying face-to-face.

Logan's arms pull me closer – if that was evenly physically possible – before pressing his lips to mine. I moan into his mouth feeling his hands travel further down my back squeezing my ass. His lips twist up in a smirk as he feathers kisses down my jaw and down my neck.

"I love how responsive you are." He murmurs into my skin.

"Baby," my breath hitches in my throat feeling his teeth graze the skin of my neck before his body rolled over onto mine.

"I just can't get enough of you." He growled, his arousal pressing against my inner thigh.

"I don't think –" I bite my lip feeling embarrassed. "I'm still..."

"You're sore?" Logan looks up at me, his serene blue eyes gazing into mine. I silently nod my head, biting my bottom lip nervously before he reaches up and gently tugs my bottom lips from my teeth's grasp. His lips capture mine in a passionate kiss before his lips slowly begin to migrate. I shudder feeling his lips move from my lips down my neck and down my chest. His lips continue down my body until he stops at the hem of my black lace panties. "I'll go slow." He murmurs, pulling the silky material down my legs before throwing them across the room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Looks delicious," Logan mumbled into my neck as I plated the scrambled eggs that I had just made along with some pancakes and bacon. "Thanks, Love."

"You're welcome." I smile, kissing his cheek before placing the pans in the sink.

"Leave them," he stated, his voice muffled from his mouth being full.

"Oh," I place the pan gently back down in the sink before bracing my hands against the edge of the counter.

"What's wrong?" he questions, wrapping me up in his arms. "Is it about last night?"

I shake my head. "It's not about last night." I say to reassure him. A sigh escapes my lips as I look up into his eyes. "While you were in the shower, I got a call from home. My dad –" I pause and take a few deep breaths to regain my composure. "My dad's not doing so well. He's been battling cancer for the past few years now and it's starting to slowly get the best of him."

"I'm so sorry, Love." He placed a kiss on top of my head.

"They think it would be a good idea if I fly home to see him one last time."

"So you're going home... to New York?"

I silently nod. "I know we had a few more days left here, but I haven't seen my father since I left for college and I feel like –"

"Whoa, slow down, Bailey." He sighed. "I will take you home right now and get you on the next plane to New York."

"I already called Danielle and asked her to book a flight for me. I'll be flying out of LAX at noon tomorrow."

"Well before you go, I'd love to take you out for lunch."

"You don't have to do that." I declare to him. "After all the work calls you've gotten this weekend, I would rather you focus on your work then my family affairs."

"I know we've never discussed your side of the family, but I still would like to be there for you."

I look down at the ground not knowing what to say. Logan was being so understanding and supportive, but my family was far more complicated than he could ever imagine. As far as how much of my life I have divulged to him, I was only scratching the surface without breaking through the ice to expose the root of the ice berg.

"I love you," I say reaching a hand up and cupping his face. "I'm just a little overwhelmed right now."

"Well when you get back, if – and only if you're ready – you can tell me everything then."

"Thank you." I smile weakly before leaning up on my tip toes to place a kiss on his lips. "I promise that when I get back, I'll tell you everything."

"Okay Love," he nods. "Shall we pack up our things?"

I nod and take a hold of his hand as we make our way down the hall to the bedroom. I rake my manicured nails through my hair as I kneel down beside my suitcase and begin rearranging and refolding my clothes so that I could close my suitcase with ease. As I think about the next few days to come, my mind goes hazy thinking about having to go home to New York and face the faces of my family – my stepmother and my two step sisters. It's been seven years – seven years far too long.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, so sorry for not posting this sooner! I haven't been feeling to well and I know that's not an excuse, but I plan on making it up to you :) I'm way behind with my updates and I'm planning on doubling up on my updates by updating later today also. I see the light at the end of the tunnel for this story along with "Always Been Mine" and I'm so close yet so far! I'll keep you posted on when the next chapter of this story will be posted, but until later my Loves! – Hayley Renee