19 | Caught with Sebastian Forbes

A few days have passed since Payge and I had our little chat about Sebastian. I found myself in a daze, my mind wandering between the worlds of reality and fantasy. Thoughts of Logan and Sebastian swirled through my mind as the voice of my PR reps droned on in the background. My eyes stared absentmindedly ahead of me as I clutched onto the papers where my statement regarding the Prescotts and Prescott Inc. had been written and perfected over the course of the past couple days.

"Ms. Montgomery," my secretary's voice pulls me out of my mindless daze. "Are you ready to begin the press conference? If you need more time, I can -"

I hold my hand up to stop her, a soft smile playing on my lips. "That won't be necessary."

She meekly nodded as I push the floor-to-ceiling glass door to the large conference room open. Walking across the room toward the empty seat at the head of the long conference table, I could feel the twenty pairs of eyes burning holes into my entire being with every stride I took. The moment I took my seat, I was immediately grateful that I followed my gut in holding a small conference for only my father's biggest business partners and confidants. Swallowing my pride, I glance down at the piece of paper with size twelve Times New Roman font on it.

"Good morning, gentleman." I began, looking at the solemn faces that surrounded the massive table. "I'm sure you're all wondering why I called you here today." I look up from my paper immediately forgetting about the statement I spent the past few days preparing. With a defeated sigh, I turn the measly wrinkled sheet of paper over and look at the distinguished business men in front of me. "I could sit here and read a statement off of a sheet of paper, but I respect you all enough to look you all in the eyes as I admit and own up to my indiscretions – those of which could admittedly impact the empire my father worked tirelessly to build. In telling you the current nature of the situation, I will not blame you or hold it against you if you choose to take your business elsewhere. After all, your loyalty is to my father - not me, and I understand and respect that. Before the media gets ahold of the story, I want you gentlemen to hear it first from me."

It was like standing in front of a firing squad as I answered their questions that were shot off like bullets in hot loaded gun. By the time I answered their final question, I felt like the life was slowly drained out of me.

"I think I might vomit." I whisper to Jessica as I retreat to my father's old office.

"You did great." Jessica reassured me. "Your father would have been proud with how you handled yourself."

A relieved smile graces my lips as I lean back against the edge of my father's desk. "While I have you here, can you send my signed personal statement to everyone in every department?"

She nodded. "The email and video message you recorded will be sent out at noon today as well as a notice that the office will be closed for the week."

"You're a lifesaver." I sigh gratefully. "Why don't you take the week off? I have everything for this week squared away anyway."

"If you're sure..." She sounded uncertain. "But if you should need anything, just call me."

I nodded my head as I dismissed her for the week. Gathering my things from behind the desk, I lock up the office for the night and make my way out of the building and into an awaiting car. As I settle into the cool leather interior of the car, my mind raced with thoughts of Logan as the car smoothly maneuvered through the traffic riddled streets of the bustling city.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Knock, knock," I peek my head into Sebastian's office only to see him with stacks of files on his desk, the only light in the room coming from the small lamp on his desk.

"You're here late." He stated, glancing down at the watch on his wrist.

I nodded while taking a couple steps into his office before pulling the door shut behind me. "I was hoping you were still here."

"Is something wrong? Are you alright?"

I giggled softly, nodding my head. "I'm fine. I just wanted to talk to you about the other night."

He sat back in his chair, his deep blue eyes studying me intently. We were both silent, the air around us thick with tension. I bit my bottom lip, looking down at my feet. I had imagined how this conversation would go, but I didn't imagine it being this awkward.

"I'm sorry," I finally say. "I think I should have made sure I was over my feelings for Logan before...you know."

A low gravely chuckle left his lips, his blue eyes sparkling with a hint of amusement. "You make it seem like we had sex or something."

"I mean, we kind of almost did." I correct him. "Not the point!"

Sebastian tilted his head back and laughed. "Then what is the point?" He asked arching a brow at me. "Unless you just came here to torment me..."

"No, that's not the reason."

"Then what is it, Bailey?" He raises his voice ever so slightly at me. Feeling something come over me, I walk over to him sitting behind his desk making the bold move to ease myself down onto his lap until I was straddling him. My hands reached up to grab both sides of his face as I got lost in the dark hues of his eyes. His arms secure themselves around my waist pulling me closer to him before our lips finally collide in a heated kiss.

I get lost in the kiss and his embrace when he gets a notification from his laptop. A disapproving groan leaves his perfect soft lips making me laugh. I play with the curly tendrils of hair at the nape of his neck as he reaches around me to open the email that interrupted us. I could hear him swallow hard – that catches my attention.

"Bash, what is it?"

"I think I should get you home." He says in a low voice as I turn around to see what he was looking at on his computer screen.

"Is that..." I look at the black and white image on the screen and my heart sinks into my stomach. There in black and white was an image of me – of us – currently sitting on Sebastian's lap. There were a series of photographs attached to an email from an anonymous sender. The photos were taken in real time as the events were unfolding. A lump formed in my throat.

"Someone's watching us." He whispered as he carefully eased me out of his lap so I was now standing by his desk. Sebastian walks over to the windows and pulls the blinds and curtains before turning back to look at me. "I need to get you home – now." 

  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 So first off, I just wanted to apologize for the lack of updating this story. Not gonna lie, I had the bad case of writer's block and even though I started writing this part of the story a week ago it took me a while to get it right. Also, the lack of updating had to do with the fact I was in my final year of school so I was pretty much tied up with studying and papers and things like that. Now that I have graduated, I decided that while I have the time now I'll get back into writing a bit and see where this story goes. Thanks for sticking with me, loves! - Hayley Renee