16 | {Almost} Going All The Way with Sebastian Forbes

Payge and I spent the rest of the night catching up while also doing a good job of consuming a generous amount of Patron. I didn't realize how much tequila I had consumed until I felt like my bladder was going to explode.

"I'll be right back," I giggle as Payge empties the remaining contents of the bottle into our two shot glasses.

Hopping off the barstool, I scurry across the foyer before ascending the stairs to the second floor of the Forbes' mansion. The house was quiet as I tiptoed down the hall, making my way toward the bathroom only to be sidetracked by a small crease of light coming out from under a door at the end of the hall. The deep rasp of Sebastian's voice faintly fills my ears and I soon find myself drawn toward the sound of his voice. My heart jumped in my chest, pressing my ear to the thick wooden door.

"Yes, mum. I'll make sure Bailey gets home safely." The sound of drawers being open then shut filled my ears. "Payge will be fine, she always is." He chuckles at something his mom says on the other line making me feel butterflies in stomach. "I love you, too, mum. I'll call you after I get Bailey home." I can feel my heart flutter in my chest at the sound of my name coming from his mouth. My body stiffens hearing his heavy footsteps approaching the door. With delayed reflexes, I had no time to react before the door was pulled open causing me to stumble forward crashing into Sebastian's solid chest.

"It's not polite to eavesdrop." He quietly rasped, his hands gripping my waist causing chills to run down my spine.

"Sorry," I whisper, gazing up into his bright blue eyes.

His hands drop from my waist leaving me already yearning for more of his touch. "Come," he said taking my hand in his. "I promised my mom I would get you home safely. I just have to make sure Payge is okay before we go."

Sebastian doesn't let go of my hand as he slowly leads me down the stairs. I can't help but let my eyes linger on his back, taking in the way his back muscles flexed and how good his ass looked in his dark wash jeans. Stop it, Bailey. Now's not the time. I internally scolded myself as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Payge?" Sebastian called. When he didn't receive an answer, he led me to the family room where Payge had passed out with a glass of water resting on the coffee table while some show about flipping houses quietly played in the background. "Well I'm glad she knows to mix in a water before she passes out." He chuckled softly before grabbing the blanket from the back of the couch, draping it over Payge's sleeping figure.

Sebastian leaves the TV on before walking into the kitchen to fetch the keys for the car. "Let's get you home, Bailey."

"Those aren't my keys?" I state confused but didn't resist him when he took me by the hand, leading me toward the front door.

"You're in no condition to drive so I told my mom I would drive you home tonight and drop your car off at your house tomorrow before I have to go to work."

My mood deflated slightly realizing he wouldn't be staying the night and I instantly had to give myself a reality check so that he didn't recognize the disappointment on my face. Getting into the car, I pull the seatbelt across my body and settle into the front seat fidgeting with my fingers that rested in my lap.

"You okay?" Sebastian inquired, starting the car the quiet hum of the engine vibrating through my body.

"Yeah," I involuntarily shivered.

Sebastian puts the car into drive before bracing his hand on my knee. It was like a natural reaction when I let one of my hands cover his hand that rested on my knee. The drive felt too short for my liking because next thing I know he had already pulled up to the gate outside of my father's house. I distractedly mumbled the security code to him and drunkenly watch as the black steel gate slowly slid open letting the sleek sports car pass.