Chapter 11: Nico di Angelo and the blingy bling he never got to see (final).

Nico was getting worse by the day.

Going about normal things was so much effort.

Doctors kept loading medication. 

Nico often cried himself to sleep.

He stayed awake fewer hours.

He grew less mobile. 

Will carried Nico to bed much more frequently.

Nico wasn't allowed to leave his room most the time.

A lot of the time he didn't want to. 

This was what Nico feared; he was losing himself. 

-

Will was giving Nico that look again, it hurt so bad to see those sympathetic bluebell eyes looking down at him. "Will...h-how many times have I told you to stop looking at me like that..."

"L-Like what? I'm looking at you like I always do..."

"Ever since this...anyway..." Nico gestured to the portable heart monitor that was probably a part of him now, he should probably give it a name cause it quite obviously wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

"Sorry Nico..."

"No, Will don't be" as Nico's health state worsened, so did Will's mental health. They were both in pain. 

He kissed Will's forehead, pressing his fist against his chest. 

"Want me to bring you to your bed?" Will asked softly, Nico violently shook his head in response. "Alright...just don't push yourself too hard...you took your meds right?"

Nico glared.

"Just kidding!" Will turned his palms up but froze, "you um...did though right?"

He groaned and threw his head back "Yes!" Nico hissed. 

"Just making sure sunshine..."

"You don't need to! I can take care of myself!" Nico sort of sucked at lying. 

"Sweetheart...you can hardly move"

"Will shut up," Nico gave a sweet playful smile which hurt to make. 

-

Will ordered them pizza. The blond had gone down to get it as Nico sat wrapped in a blanket, freezing, but too lazy to change out of his shorts. 

His thoughts were racing, nothing unusual, even before everything else. 

What's gonna happen to Will after I die? Is he gonna move on? Do I want that? He's never really even dated anyone else. I don't want him to get hurt. Oh god, what if he gets hurt!

Nico didn't mean to start hyperventilating.  

Will you are too pure, too sweet, too precious for this freaking world. How did you end up with someone like me? 

"Hey Nico!" Nico heard Will call up. Nico was leaned forward, squirming, squeezing his eyes shut tight as he tried to breathe. This was something Will probably too familiar with. 

Will ran up, holding a gallon sized bottle of Moutain Dew and an overly greased pizza that would surely add ten pounds between the couple. 

"Oh shit" Will breathed, he put the stuff down and ran to Nico's side. Will cradled Nico in his arms; Nico didn't want to say that hurt like fucking hell--because he wanted to be held, he wanted Will to hold on.  

"Jeez, I should c-call someone" They were home alone. Maria was very reluctant but agreed since Will would stay with him.

"W-Will p-please" Nico choked out. 

"Sh...Sh...Sweetheart it's-it's gonna be okay" Nico could see the tears forming in Will's eyes. 

Delicately with care, Nico wiped them from his eyelashes with his own snow-white hands. Nico ran his hand through Will's hair, having him look down. Nico planted a soft kiss on Will's forehead with an even softer look. Shattered. So close to giving up, because that was exactly what Nico felt. 

"Sh....Sh...Will..."

"Nico" he could tell Will's was voice nearly gone. Dissolved like Nico's stubborn will to live. "Nico-please" His voice cracks. 

"Will..." Nico looks up at him. A look. An expression. Like puppy dog eyes he'd give Will when he wanted something. But something more simple. Less in life or death situations.

Everything slowed. 

"N-Nico I-I can't let you g-go" Will whimpered. 

Nico held onto Will's shoulder, kissed his cheek and lingered by his ear and whispered "I love you Will," for the very last time. 

Like a secret shared between the two lovers. 

Worry washed away from Nico's pale face. 

He looked peaceful, finally at ease. 

Will lost it as he choked on sobs that echoed through the empty and still home. 

But life was not done beating Will Solace. 

Life did not stop for him just because Nico di Angelo had died.

Life was not done. 

Life did not stop moving.

The story did not end there;

With the sentence that will never be