Chapter 9: Nico di Angelo and "this fucking hideous sweater'

Will, I'm not wearing that." 

"Oh yes, you are!" Will practically chased Nico around. 

"no way! I'll look like a total geek!"

"Nico you are a total geek!-just get back here and let me establish it!"

"I'm not wearing a freaking Hogwarts jumper Will!"

"but why nooooot?"

"because I'll look like a badly dressed twelve-year-old!"

"you already do!" Will argued from where he sat across from Nico on his 'bed'. "come on, you get to go home today, sleep in an actual bed tonight!" he pouted. "just please try it, for mwe~? Nico pwease?" Will said in a bad 'cute' voice. 

Nico sighed rolling his eyes, "you're ridiculous you know that?" with a slight smile.

"I know!" Will gave a cheesy grin. 

"You're such a dork"

"You love me"

"remind me why?"

"oh-little something like this" Will kissed him, and Nico practically shot up with surprise, or well tried to, he hung onto Nico tight, pressing against him. Nico pressed back just as hard. he'd liked to say he'd gotten the hang of it after so long but that was so far from the truth. 

he wondered how much longer until he could be as good at this as Will seemed. 

Will pulled away, cutting it short. it shook everything within Nico, practically screaming at him to just swallow his pride and beg for it. beg for him. Will Solace. his man. on his knees, asking, for what he wanted most, for what every boy in their old high school assumed they'd far from lost. But Nico was made of strong will, (though did make a little whimper when Will looked back at him). Will ran his hands through Nico's hair softly. Nico gave a rattling breath. 

"only a few more minutes..." Will promised. and Nico believed. 

-

It was several hours before Will's brother came in his dad's sports car to take them home. 

"Josh's here" Will said as he read his text, "You wanna go change and I'll go grab him?"

"sounds good" Nico said, sitting up, free from tubes finally. 

"okay, see you in a few sunshine" Will kissed Nico forehead and walked out. Nico glanced at the sweater Will wanted him to wear. it was black and grey accented with green doning the Slytherin crest on the right, it is kinda cool...Nico thought. 

Nico pulled the dark jumper over his head and on, getting his basket that Will always left stuff in whenever Nico wasn't there to accept his notes or gifts. Will seriously spoiled him. and Nico wasn't particularly upset by it. he walked down the hall going to where Will said to meet. 

he saw an odd collection of people when he arrived. Josh Solace. Will Solace. and Reyna Ramirez Allerno.

They were sitting around. just talking. like they all were college roommates. 

Reyna heard his footsteps and stood. "I just came to wish you well" she nodded at him as well-then he reached forward and gave his friend a spontaneous hug. Reyna a bit took back, as Nico wasn't exactly the touchy-feely-clingy-give me hugs type around her. Will smiled when Nico let her go and smiled brightly, Will knew Nico must have been feeling better.

Will took his hand as they walked out(Josh a few steps ahead up until he unlocked the car). Nico walked very close to Will until they had to break apart and get in the car. 

they got in the back (not knowing who to make sit in the front so they both just sat together in the back), holding hands and sitting close together once more as Josh got in said "everyone buckled?" as he buckled himself.

Will and Nico nodded, and they were off. 

-

They walked inside holding hands, Will saw John and Seb sitting on the couch together, Seb's mop of brightly red died hair all over on John's lap where his head lied, John ran his hands through Seb's hair, smiling contently. they were too adorable for this world. 

"Laiyla, Chris, and Charlie are out with dad" 

Nico could see John thumbing through a thin stack of cards. Seb doing the same, he recognized the Mythomagic logo on the backs. technically it was a remake but Nico was an old time fan so he nodded his respect to the boys. 

"You guys have dinner yet?" Josh spoke up as he put his coat on the hanger. 

"Yeah"

"no" 

both boyfriends had different answers. Nico watched a silent staring match between them, making up dialogue that their eyes practically spoke. it didn't take a mind reader to figure it out. 

John: don't you dare lie to him
Seb: I do what I want
John: don't you dare
Seb: I swear I will

"HEY!" Nico yelled out, interrupting everything and everyone. 

his voice made everyone jump(not something he was unused to), he let his arms hang in the air as his brain rapidly searched for something to put everyone off on a tangent. 

"Why don't I make something??!?!" Nico gave an incredibly nervous smile. 

"why?" all the other four people in the room asked. 

Nico felt all eyes shift on him and he felt his heart pace faster. 

"I-um...cause why not!!"

Josh gave Nico a skeptic look. he kept his dreadful smile and rushed to kitchen only to be joined by Will minutes later. 

-

Nico lived here just as much as he lived in his bedroom. 

so he knew where everything was. he thanked the lord and possibly his mother that forced him to learn how to cook. he felt arms wrap around his stomach, he nearly jumped out of his skin before he figured out it was Will. Nico sighed with relief and laid his head back on Will's chest. Will swayed his body slightly and stood there with him, humming softly. Nico didn't think he'd ever been this relaxed before Will...