Chapter 2: Will Solace and his gigantic and somewhat nosy family.

Nico didn't come home that night.

And Will didn't know why.

You know that feeling when everything feels so impossibly perfect, and you know it can't possibly last in your heart, but you still want it so badly too? that was how Will felt when he was told the news. 

That and just numb. numbness he hadn't felt in so long. he took in a shaky breath. "but Will, there's a 70% chance that what Nico has will go away with treatment, so let's not panic and jump to conclusions"

he nodded. he knew it was true. he had to stay calm collected for Nico.  "Thanks Maria" he waved, jumping out of Nico's window, which earned a freaked out gasp from Nico's mother. Will loved that reaction.

"Sorry, Miss di Angelo!" he called up an apology. 

"its erm-its alright dear!" she called down awkwardly. 

-

Will lay on his bed thinking. trying, hoping, searching for any proof Nico would make it out of this okay. he had his laced with his other, thinking of Nico's, how they should be laced perfectly with his own. it hurt to think Nico was in a hospital, getting tests, and wouldn't get to come home for the night, and sleep in his own bed. it made him feel rotten and guilty that he couldn't be with Nico. 

to say the least, knowing where Nico was, did far from improving his mood. 

"Will! get down here!" Will sighed, but didn't budge. 

he laid there, listening to his family yell down at him before there were footsteps. 

"Will. come down now." it was Kayla. he couldn't physically see her since it was dark, but he could see her shadow. 

he almost listened and obeyed her voice. but he still resisted. 

"Will. the hell is wrong with you?" Kayla says again, poking him with her foot. "stop being a lazy lump" she says, kicking him lightly this time "wake up Will" 

Kayla says as she tries to pull Will out. 

"Kaylaaaa"

"oh my gosh-it lives" she teases, he looked up at her with a pitiful glare. 

the teasing look from Kayla's eyes was gone the second she saw Will's face. 

she sat on his bed with him, "oh my gosh, what happened?" she asked her younger brother, hugging him. he leaned against her. she was shorter even if she was older by a few years. she watched silently as Will's longer bangs fell into his face first. she brushed them to the side. 
"hey...what's going on little bro..." she said in that comforting big sister voice.

he shook his head

"you'll feel much better if you tell me..."

he shook his head again. 

"Will" she prompted

he shook his head more vigorously, looking like a stubborn toddler. 

"William Thomas (haha @user20373061 Stoll ur mid name)Solace"

he cringed at his full name

"I know for an absolute positive fact that if something is bothering you it will give you nightmares and we both know how that ends," she said with a strict glare. 

he looked down. "its...its Nico"

she nodded as if to say 'good, we're getting somewhere now' "what about him Will?"

"he...he..."

"yeah?" she said soft and calm. 

he bit his lip, shaking his head. it had to be bad by the way Will was acting. 

"would you like me to stay?" Will shook his head again. 

Kayla sighed, and walked out. Austin was stood right behind the door. she yelped when she saw him, hand on her chest she breathed heavily

"Jeez, you nearly scared the life out of me!"

"sorry...how is he?"

Kayla frowns "not good..."

"yowch. what's up with him?"

"something about Nico..."

"Nico? like short, little, emo, wears too much black, Italian his boyfriend Nico?"

"what? how many other Nico's you know?''

Austin shook his head "no, it's just, Will never has problems with Nico, well not serious ones anyway, and they'd dated for like how long?"

she sighed, "since they were middle schoolers"

"Yesus, you remember that" 

she nodded "I do. Will came home with a little black haired boy and a basically half dead kitten,"

"Yeah. dad was soo mad. not only did he bring home a cat but a boy too"  Austin laughed.

"yeah" Kayla smiled as they walked out, into the chaos that was their living room. but it's not like you could expect anything less with a house that 8 kids lived in. 

The scene might have reminded you of something like an orphanage. that was far from the truth. Charlie(the oldest), was sat on the couch with his ukulele playing certain cords across from another sibling Laiyla, she was the youngest. Joshua sat up and asked, (he was between Austin and Kayla in age), 

"how is he?" they both shook their heads. 

"oh...should I try to-"

"I wouldn't" Kayla cut him off, "sorry Josh"

"oh...that bad?"

she nodded.

"it can't be that bad" Chris spoke up from a chair he was sitting.

"Nico problem" was all a voice said. it was Jonathan's voice. it sounded a bit ominous, which made little sense for someone to sound scary while they were sitting on the lap of their slightly taller MCR loving boyfriend(both of them were 13, John was the second youngest with Laiyla at 7.)

Chris's face fell. mouthing an 'oh'. 

Kayla nodded

"wait how did you know?" Austin asked

"we could hear you" John's boyfriend, Sebastian, spoke up. they were hardly ever seen without the other. even as boyfriends they were still best friends. 

"how??''

"these walls aren't exactly concrete, Austin'' John said, rolling his eyes. 

"what John, do you want to try?" Austin said, obviously a bit mad.

John laughs "yeah not touching that

Seb laughed at John's emphasis. 

Kayla rolled her eyes. "then you go Sebastian"

"whaat?-why me!" he yelped "I'm not even part of the family!"

"you're here enough" Austin muttered. 

Seb ignored him. "shouldn't you guys call one of Will's friends or something?"

they all looked around at each other silently. as if to ask "who were his friends?"

"you guys don't even know. do you" Seb facepalmed a bit too calmly. 

all seven other kids in the room shook their heads.

"wow guys. ya'll failed at being nosy family"