More Attention Than Kim Kardashian

Kat

There are many days that make up my life. I have lived 192 months, with 4 weeks in each month, and within those weeks 7 days pass. There for I have lived about 5,843.875 days in my sixteen years of living, and of all these days I've waken up each morning, so my question to you is: how coming it's still so damn hard?

"Kat! Wake up we have to be at school in less than thirty minutes." My brother, Kai (yes we are the type of family that repeats the same letter for each of the kids), seems to have lost his brain. For the past two years-because my parents work morning shifts-Kai has been stuck with the responsibility of waking and taking me to school, a routine that despite its difficulties, we've stuck quite well to.

"Go away."

"Trust me, with that morning breath, it's all I want to do, but unfortunately I can't. I have people to meet, girls to impress, so wake up onion breath." Kai warns. I groan and shove my hand out from under the comfort of my blankets to what show him what I think of his stupid remarks, to hell with him.

You see, at our school you can say our family is pretty high and mighty. My oldest brother Kevin graduated two years ago as a track star, and my dad has been the head coach for the football team over the past five years, and Kai is a star player on the football team, so it's hard to go unnoticed around the place. Hard, but not impossible, I've been a key successor in this act.

I hate attention and try to avoid it at all cost. I'm a thinker not a doer, and at this school, you have to do in order to be thought of in any way, thank god. I've joined one club since freshman year, book club; the one club people don't give the time of day to.

Thus being said, I have no idea nor do I care to know what it feels like to have people to meet and girls (in my case boys) to impress, there for his pleading does nothing to make me move.

"Right, wake me up when you actually have something important going on." I yawn and pull my hand back under the covers to return to my slumber. We live ten minutes away; he's not going to die.

There is a moment of silence, and to my happiness I hear the door shut leaving my room empty again. Before it's not and a bucket of cold water comes poring onto me.

I scream in surprise and throw off the blankets, hopping around the area, clearly wide-awake.

"Kai!" I yell at my brother who stands there grinning like the asshole he is. "It's not funny! I'm awake now are you happy asshat?! Go put my blanket in the dryer while I take a shower!" I storm past the grinning idiot and into my connecting bathroom.

The bad part about being Kai and Kevin Stanford's sister, and Keith Stanford's daughter is the attention. Even if I try to avoid it, pulling up in the passenger seat of Kai's car draws more attention the Kim Kardashian.

"Alright, don't embarrass me today, I know your socially awkward and what not. You'll have to wait until football is over for a ride, sit on the bleachers or shoot some hoops, don't really care." Kai pops the trunk and we both grab our backpacks. Already, three freshman girls walk by giggling as if Channing Tatum just offered to carry their books. I roll my eyes and smile sweetly at the pain I call my older brother.

"Yes, Father anything else? No, then I bid you farewell." I salute to him as his friend Noah walks up, slapping him on the back like every other day.

Kai has a lot of friends, or rather fake friends who mainly use him for a good time or popularity, but there are a select few that have made is to his 'favorites' list; Noah Caster has made it to the top of the list. You'd think I would like nothing to do with my brother's slut friends, but fun fact-I used to have thee biggest crush on Noah Caster. Used to.