Chapter 1

Hello guys!!!! Before you all begin reading this book, i want you to know that it is the first one I've ever written. Never thought i would, but i did. I hope you all like it. Please vote and comment to let me know that you like it. And also share it with your friends.
Enjoy!!!!
********

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I heard a timid waitress say as she bumped into me.

"I can't" was all i could manage to say. Then I just stormed out of the cafe and got in my car. I knew exactly where I was headed. It was a dark and scary place where people didn't dare to wander at night. The dreaded forest. I needed a long and fast run.

If I had waited a second longer in that cafe, I would have probably killed that girl. In all these hundred years, I had never smelled anyone so amazing and enthralling. All my control over my thirst was out the window once I smelled her scent.

Her smell was sweet...luring...exciting. It made me want to give up my beliefs and practices. I had given up human blood ages ago. I had never even craved for it until now. Until her. Her scent was stuck in my head like an unwanted parasite. It made my stomach churn and my throat burn.

I started running. Running like never before. There isn't a single creature that could be able to keep up with me. I was trying to clear and purify my mind, however it seemed impossible to do so. I hunted a deer just to see if it could quench my thirst. Yet it wasn't enough. My throat yearned for that girl's sweet smelling blood. How was it even possible? How can her blood smell make me feel so enticed and out of control?

I had just moved to this small town just outside Dellsware. The population was really low. It was a perfect spot for my kind. It rained or snowed most of the time. The sun came out barely came out for a month.

I wasn't alone. There were two more with me, Chris and Casey. I had meet them about hundred years ago. They were like me, drank blood only from animals. We were a great family. If I did anything to that girl we'd have to move again. I didn't want them to take the trouble of shifting again.

I had to do something. I needed to gain control over myself. As this was a small town, the chances of us running into each other were even more.

After a long run I decided to head back home. It was almost midnight already. I got in my car and started driving. The streets were almost empty by now. There were very few street lights in this area.

I took a breath and a smell caught my attention. Shit! It's the same girl. What was she doing here and that too so late? I held my breath so as to control the burning thirst in my throat. I saw a petite girl walking down the lane. It was her.

I increased my speed to get far away from her as soon as possible.

I entered my house. It was a three storey house made of wood. It was a bit out of the town, in the middle of the forests.

"Where have you been Nicholas?" Casey demanded. She was sitting with Chris in the living room.

"Just around," I said in a casual tone.

"Stop lying and tell what happened. You didn't disappear from the cafe for no reason at all." The three of us had decided to explore the town. We were just hanging out and had decided to get to know more people.

"Okay. Fine. The girl I dashed into....well I couldn't resist her. I had to leave. I would kill her if I didn't."

"Oh Nicholas we know you would never do such a thing," Chris said.

"No Chris, I would. Her smell is sweet and like no other person's."

"You know Nick, Casey smelt amazing too," Chris said. "She made my throat burn so bad. But I knew I couldn't kill her. Same is with you. You'll control yourself. I know that." He said it with so much assurance. I wish I had that confidence as well.

Chris and Casey met each other at the perfect timing possible. In fact Chris was the one who turned Casey. He didn't do it on purpose, more like a compulsion.

That time there were several vampires. They wanted control over the world. They wanted to get rid of staying underground and in the dark. One night, they attacked the human population. Chris did not take part in it though.

While heading away from the town, he saw a girl looking at him with pleading eyes. She was Casey. That's when he turned her. They have been in love ever since.

I met them a few years after that. I don't even remember who turned me or how. I remember my city being attacked. The next time I woke up, I was in a jungle with two unknown people staring at me, Chris and Casey. They told me what I was and helped me control myself. I hate being an immortal. I'm living in a frozen body. Life is boring. We do the same things over and over again.

Now there are very few of our kind. All of us stay among the humans, pretending to be normal. However we have to keep on changing places after a few years, before the people get suspicious.

We have to find such places where it is hardly sunny. It doesn't burn us but we are extremely uncomfortable with it.

"Nick what do you wanna do tonight?"

"Ummm....maybe play something." I loved to play the piano. Its melody took me to a totally different place. It was mesmerising. It made me forgo all my worries.

"Sounds like a great idea." Casey added. She loved to hear me play.

I sat at the piano and let my fingers play their own rhythm. All her thoughts gone from my mind. Her scent was forgotten. It felt amazing.

I played the piano while Chris and Casey cuddled on the couch.

********
I hope that you guys liked this chapter.