Chapter 1

SUMMER 2014

Expectation : Summer Getaway! Vacations! Sleep all day! Surf all night!

Reality : Summer Classes. Projects. Study all day. Sleep for 3 hours. Study all night.

Yeah, we have summer classes. I know it sucks. Though they gave us a 2 week vacation before summer classes starts. It still sucks. Really sucks. What the hell am i going to do with a 2 week vacation? That's so limited! Ugh.

I just got home from school. I'm now enrolled. Great. I went to my room, threw my bag at the side and jumped to my bed. Aaaahhh. Bed. I want to marry you but school wont let me.

I suddenly heard my stomach growl in hunger. I went downstairs to grab some food and sat beside Ish (my brother) who is surfing the net.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Can't you state the obvious?" he said.

"Urgh. I know i know. I mean what is that? Is that a game or what?" This boy. He really knows how to get on my nerves. I looked at the screen, there are colorful graphics of 3 teenagers who are wearing different kinds of uhm, costume? I dont know. And then I saw the name, "Smallworlds".

"It's an online game. I just heard it from my classmate. He said it's like playing The Sims, so i checked it out." Ohh. The Sims. I love that game. It's a game where you can build and design your own home, date anyone you like, make out with different people anywhere you want, marry anytime you want, make babies as many as you can, and you get to choose your job and make loads of money.

"Ah. Have you tried playing it? Is it boring?" i asked.

"Not yet. I'll make an account though," he said.

I got up, washed the dishes and went back to my room. I feel so tired today. I dont feel like going online right now. Im gonna cuddle with my bed tonight. You and me. No one else. Oh, there's my pillow. You, me and my pillow. Perfect. I closed m eyes and left the world behind me.

• • •

I woke up in a world with no sound. Where is everybody? I usually wake up to my sister's yelling voice, my mother's nagging, and my brother's turned up music. Waking up to this silence bothers me. So I got up and went downstairs to see no one. Really. Where did they go? They went out without me? That's ridiculous!

I went to the kitchen and saw Mom's note:

"Good morning sweetheart! Your sister went out to look for a job. Your brother went to his school to enroll for the review. Your Dad and I went to work. Therefore, we did not went out without you.

Lunch's in the oven.

Mom xo"

So that explains it. Oh well. I took out my lunch from the oven and stayed at the living room and turned on the television. As i finished my lunch, i went back to the living room and sat on my father's Lay-Z-Boy while i switch channels. I was just like that for maybe an hour and a half.

"Damn. This is really boring." I said to myself.

I checked the time and it's already 1:39 in the afternoon. i still have 4 hours to enjoy my precious time with myself because my parents usually arrives around 5pm from work.

i turned off the TV cause i felt dizzy from switching channels every now and then. i stared blankly at the ceiling thinking what to do next. this is why i hate being left alone in the house. they should at least give me someone to talk to.

i took my phone out of my pocket and dialled Rick's number. maybe he could come over. or i'll die of boredom.

after 2 rings, he answered. "jdjgfosbrurhris" wtf?

"huh? hello? rick? it's Chris!" i answered back.

"sjrirbroshruryr7siu," what the, is he drunk or something?

"rick! damn. it's Chris okay? where are you?" i asked.

"hsiehros aaayyymm shleeeepingg," he answers.

"right." and i hung up. great. just great. so i guess i have no choice but to spend time with me, myself, and I. this is so gonna be exciting.

i stood up and went upstairs to go to my room and make bed. i took my my laptop and placed it on my side table.

hmmm. laptop.

aha!

i jumped into my bed, turned on my laptop and typed "smallworlds.com".