Chapitre 8

Chapitre 8

Hello Rosie,

If you are willing, I would like to meet you. Sudden I know, but when your shift ends, I will be waiting out front.

- W

I could feel the butterflies twirl in my stomach, thinking of finally being able to met him, this strange man. What if I would be able to see his face, his features for once? He could look like anything, he could be anyone, and I badly wanted to know. 

I don't really know why I wanted to know, maybe it was the excitement of the mystery that pushed me on. I just hoped this man wasn't insane, or a killer. I had a life to live, or at least, something of the sort, I guess.

"What you got there Carl?" I shoved the note down, and into my pocket, blushing a bit at Francis voice near my ear, as he looked over my shoulder, trying oh si dur to read the note. I looked back over to his, stepping forward a bit.

"Absolutely nothing you need to worry about," I turned from him, smiling a bit, and going over to another costumer, whom just came in, while the note burned a whole in my pocket like they seemed to be doing a lot. 

"We'll see about that Rosie!" I rolled my eyes, and shook the feeling off, freezing only momentarily, and continuing forward. I wasn't sure what worried me more, that he was going to try to find out, or that he used my name, maybe both.

****************************************************************************************************************

I gulped some, the excitement turning to nervousness because of how little I really knew this man, Winston. Francis thankfully had somewhere to go, so he wouldn't bug me about not walking home with him, and he wouldn't follow me to Winston.

I slid my jacket on, which I thought it would be a good idea to finally wear around, as it was November or October, something of the sort, J'ose espérer. It was a normal jacket, somewhat warm, good enough for me I guess.

"See you tomorrow Auntie," She smiled and waved me a goodbye, as I went for the front door, zipping my jacket up almost all the way. I stopped for a second in front of the door, breathing inward and looking at my feet. 

This would be it, my life could finally change, Franny was nice but he wasn't exactly what I wanted.

I smiled at myself, and pushed through the door, into the world of London again. A car flew by on the street, as the clouds circled around in the sky. It wasn't very crowded, actually very quiet, lonely in a almost normal kind of way.

I stepped into the middle of the sidewalk, looking up at the grey sky, I breathed in the fresh air, and turned, opening my eyes to look to see Winston, maybe without his jacket and hat and glasses this time, maybe just maybe.

"Hey!" A voice made me look over, one I could recognize and groan at, "Rosie!" With a large grin, a black leather, rounded top, hat on the top of his head, and a simple suit, John rushed from across the street, over to me. Oh putain...

I looked around, there was literally no one else, no one waiting, no one wanting to wait anyway. Winston, as I know him, was nowhere to be seen. I was sure he chickened out, or maybe he had somewhere to just go, I wished it was the latter, maybe it was.

He came up to me, seeing how I was looking around, "What ya lookin' for deary?" His smile was full of silliness, slight excitement just from seeing me. John looked around as well, like he knew.

"Well, I'm waiting for someone,thank you very much," I crossed my arms over my chest, looking away and sighing, feeling down suddenly. John nodded, straightening out his smile and standing next to me, copying my stance.