Chapter 17

Deni stared at me in complete and utterly shock. He furrowed his eyebrows and opened his mouth to say something. 

"I can't t-" He started but I cut him off. 

"Deni, yes you can," I said. He shook his head and backed away slowly. 

"Tally, you don't understand..." I shook my head and pointed a finger in his direction. 

"Why not?" 

He walked towards me in put his hand on my elbow. "Tally," He said. "Tally, I want to but there is no point because wouldn't you want your first to be the person that your supposed to fall in love with. Not the guy that was about to leave. Not out of desperation. I'm doing this for you Tally. I love you." Deni leaned in and kissed my forehead lightly. 

He was about to walk out of the room and leave for good when I stopped him and grabbed his hand. "Don't go..." I said. He let his head fall forward and walked away from me. He walked away from everything that we had and didn't even turn around to say goodbye.   

2 hours later I was back in the hospital and got chastised for leaving. Everyone who had witnessed my little outbreak had come to see me. It had caused a lot of talk to go through the school. Lina had gotten very freaked out by the whole entire incident and I apologized for my... err, 'mental issues'. 

I still don't know why I had freaked out like that. I had hugged Deni, went in and sat down. Then I had my outbreak. As I tried to recall the events, I felt myself sadden while thinking about Deni. He was my first love... How could he leave and not at least take my virginity. Just so he knew I loved him as much as he loved me. 

A fresh tear rolled down my cheek. Since I was alone, I began to let out what I was holding in. 

I felt so alone and distant in the world. Everything was terrible. Thinking that it was perfect was obviously a mistake because nothing is perfect and when someone thinks it is they better stop telling themselves that because sooner or later someone will make sure that that all goes to hell and collapses on top of you! 

I just want Deni...

~*~ 

(Deni's POV) 

I zipped up the last suitcase and through it on the ground. It hit my toe and I let a colorful string of curse words escape my mouth.  Someone cleared their throat behind me and I turned around quickly to see Ms. Miller, standing in the door-frame. 

"Hello Deni," She spat at me. Her voice was just as cold as her eyes. They spoke to me. They said 'You idiot...'. She was laughing at me. Narrowing her eyes, she asked me, "Where is my son, Noel?" 

I gave her a questioning look and shook my head. "I'm sorry Ms. Miller but I haven't seen Noel. I was just packing." I nodded my head and grabbed my computer case. As I picked it up, something fell out. Ms. Miller ,Mila, craned her head to take a look at what it was. Realizing what it was, I reached down and picked up off the floor as soon as possible. 

Mila raised a questioning eyebrow and smiled. "What was that?," She asked. I smiled and shrugged. She narrowed her eyes and said, "That was cocaine. Wasn't it?" 

My heart rate increased and I kept quiet. Her little devious smile grew bigger. "I heard about Tally's little 'breakdown' yesterday. Now what was that about?," Mila said. She began to walk around me in a circle. 

I scoffed and tried to hide my nervousness. "So?" 

She stopped walking and looked me straight in the face. Cocking her head to side, she replied to my question. "Why was that? Why did she act so out of order yesterday?"