Chapter 6 - Stuttering cashier

I have not failed. I've just found 10 000 ways that won't work.

*****

CHAPTER 6 ● Stuttering cashier

Zayn’s POV

Hahaha… wait, did she just STICK HER TONGUE OUT AT ME? Pshhh oh no she didn’t!

“What are you, five?” I smirk at her. She ends up just sticking her tongue out again. I swear, if she does that ONE more time, I’m going to pinch her tongue with my fingers! She then opens her mouth to say something, but Niall beats her to it.

“C’mon guys! Quit bickering and let’s go already! I’m hungry.” An impatient blond leprechaun whines. When is he NOT hungry? Seriously, where does all that food go! I was honestly shocked the first time I saw him eat; that boy eats so much!

“Where do you guys want to eat?” Liam asks us as we head out by the back door since word got out of our whereabouts and the entrance was being mobbed by fans. Don’t get me wrong, we love our fans, but sometimes we just want to have some privacy to enjoy our time with our friends.

“MICKEY Ds!” Becca yells with an excited look while Niall’s face lights up at the suggestion.

“McDonald’s it is,” Liam states as he looks around our group with a raised eyebrow to check if anyone objects. No one does so we head out to our cars and drive to the nearest McDonald’s around.

We enter to find it less crowded than we expected so it’s perfect. We all wait in line while Jake goes to save a table big enough to fit all of us.

“Haz, if a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is it homeless or naked?” a confused-looking Becca questions Harry.

I burst out laughing as Liam and her brother do the same. Niall is too focused on the menu and Louis is busy talking with Jake's girlfriend Melissa so they don’t hear our special conversation.

A turtle? Where does this girl get all her ideas from?! Oh man, she is HILARIOUS without even trying! I’ve never laughed so much in my life until I met her. She’s one-of-a-kind, I’ll tell you that.

“Uh, I think it’s dead.” Harry answers cautiously watching for her reaction. Her mouth drops open in shock as she lets out an “OH…”

“Mate, where have you been hiding her all this time?! She’s a catch,” Liam inquires jokingly.

“He probably wanted to keep her to himself because he knew that when she met us, she would be enchanted by us,” I answer teasingly with a wink. I mean not to sound conceited, but who wouldn’t? I’m too irresistible! Rawr! Ha-ha I’m not being vain or anything, just stating a fact.

Harry rolls his eyes making me grin cheekily.

It’s finally our turn to order and the worker at the cash register seems to be bored out of her mind as she doesn’t even look up to take our order.

“Welcome to McDonald’s. What –“ I clear my throat rather loudly trying to get her to look up from her cash register that seems to be oh so interesting. I just feel like she’s talking to the cash register instead of us. I mean, I understand this must not be her ideal job, but it’d still be better if she actually tried to pretend that she didn’t wish she was anywhere else than here. Her attitude alone could scare of customers!

She still isn’t looking up. What am I supposed to do to get her attention? Sing? That might be a good idea… or not because then we’d get a lot of unwanted attention when we’re trying to pass incognito for the day.