Chapter 9 - Annoying arse grabbers

Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.

*****

CHAPTER 9  Annoying arse grabbers

Liam’s POV

“BOYS! Come ‘ere before Haz gets back from the loo!” Becca whispers loudly enough to get our attention as soon as Harry disappears around the corner.

“What is it?” I raise an eyebrow at her curiously. Why did she wait until Harry was gone?

“I want to get him back for eating my last Oh Henry! chocolate bar. No one and I mean no one messes with me and my chocolate and gets away with it!” she tells us fiercely while trying to be intimidating by slapping her fist into her other hand. Okaaay… somebody is a little too obsessed with her chocolate!

Zayn tilts his head to the side and his expression clearly reads ‘So what?’ and I guess Becca comprehends because she answers.

“And that’s where you guys come in,” she states with a creepy smile and a mischievous glint in her eyes, “I want you to distract him when it’s time for his solo of What Makes You Beautiful.” The look on her face seems pure evil – wait, what? She wants us to prank him on stage? Hmm…

“And how do we do that?” Nialler pipes up from beside me. He took the words right out of my mouth!

“I don’t know… just grab his bum or something! Now shoo! Harry’s coming and it’s time for you to go!” she waves us off with her hands in shooing motions and gives Harry an innocent look when he arrives. Niall, Zayn, Louis and I glance at each other and shrug our shoulders as if to say ‘why not’. A little fun never hurt anyone…

Well this should definitely be interesting!

“GOOD LUCK! BREAK YOUR BUM!” we catch Becca yelling at us before we get on stage. Break your bum? Doesn’t she mean ‘break a leg’? Or was it a hint so we don’t forget what we’re supposed to do? What a weird girl. I have to stop myself from shaking my head at her as we’re now in front of thousands of high-pitched squealing fans. The adrenaline is pumping through my veins as I hear the crowd’s deafening screams.

I could have sworn I heard Becca cackle evilly when we got on stage…

Okay, it’s show time!

**

When it’s time for Hazza’s solo, we all give each other meaningful looks as we stand slightly behind him.

As soon as he starts singing his first line, I stretch my arm until I reach his bum, then without hesitation I grab it and squeeze it. He reacts by jumping a bit and moving slightly to the side. It’s not a big move therefore the audience doesn’t notice, but we do. As soon as I retract my arm, Zayn does the same and grabs his bum as the rest of us are laughing.

When Zayn starts fluffing Harry’s hair, the rest of us are doing dance moves but in slow motion with big grins on our faces. As I’m grabbing the curly-haired lad’s bum, Louis taps me on the shoulder and points into the air screaming “LOOK! A RAINBOW COLOURED PUSSY CAT!” loud enough to make sure Harry hears. Ha-ha nice one Lou!

Niall steps up closer to Harry and lifts his arm up. What in the world is he doing? He starts sniffing his armpit and makes a face at the dimpled boy while shouting, “HARRY! SMELL MY STINKY ARMPITS!” His demand makes us all double over in laughter as Haz continues to sing while trying not to laugh and doing his best to get away from our favourite leprechaun, a look of horror on his face. I guess he doesn’t want a whiff of your smelly armpits, Nialler!