Chapter 14 - Sparks fly, pigs fly

Nobody is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry.

*****

CHAPTER 14 • Sparks fly, pigs fly

Becca'a POV

My eyes bugged out of their sockets and if I were drinking or eating something right now, this would have been one of those moments where I would spit whatever was in my mouth onto the person in front of me, which in this case was Harry. My mouth was left hanging wide open awaiting yucky flies to come in. 

Did he just say what I think he just said? Or is this all a dream? Somebody pinch me! Or a slap will do...

OUCH!

"Uh Becca, what are you doing?" Harry asked looking at me like I was an alien as I rubbed my sore cheek. Maybe I shouldn't have put so much force into that slap...

"Oh nothing," I mumbled sheepishly. Wait, why did I need to slap myself again? Oh right, Harry loves me. I love me too. WHOA, HOLD ON! Harry loves me... HARRY LOVES ME?! What the flippin' unicorn…

BREATHE, BECCA, BREATHE!

“I tell the girl of my dreams that I love her, and what does she do? She slaps herself. Only you Becca, only you,” Harry chuckled shaking his head, his laughter making me shiver in a good way. I laughed along with him before his face turned serious.

“Becca, you still haven’t said anything and to be honest, it’s making me nervous,” he admitted passing a hand through his curls in an anxious manner. I gulped. He looked devilishly handsome with the sun shining down on him that made him look like an angel. Oh right! Talk Becca, talk!

Could I really do this? I mean, risk our friendship for l-love? Staring into his worried eyes, I got my answer. Yes, yes I could. After all, what was life without risks?

“I love you too, Harry,” I confessed so quietly that I barely heard myself. I’m guessing Harry heard my words crystal clear because he let out a relieved sigh as his frown turned upside down into a megawatt smile. He pulled me to him by my waist and hugged me tightly.

“You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for those words to come out of your mouth, Beccaboo,” he whispered softly in my ear as he inhaled my scent whilst I did the same to him. He just smelled so good! An indescribable masculine scent mixed with chocolate. Hmm, I guess that’s where my obsession came from…

“How long?” I giggled. It all felt so surreal. Seriously, the fact that I happened to be in love with my best friend and that the feelings were reciprocated? Wow, talk about a cliché love story! Not that I’m complaining.

“Too long… even if I hadn’t known it yet,” he breathed in my neck giving me goose bumps. Does he even know what he does to me?

“Becca?” He called out as he pulled back so that we were facing each other.

“Hmm?” I replied, dazed that this boy – no, this man – loved me.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” He gave me a soft smile, his eyes sparkling with affection and love.

“Of course!” I snorted in an unattractive manner. Who in their right mind would decline such an offer? Not this girl anyways.

His whole face lit up as if he were seeing the sun for the first time. He gently cupped my face with his hands as his head slowly approached mine. I felt so giddy. Granted, this wasn’t going to be my first kiss, but it was going to be my first kiss with Harry... well first one since we confessed.